Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't upgrade beyond Android 9

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 01:56 AM)
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

My S10+ is an unlocked variant that I use on AT&T.  My phone is currently on Android 9.  AT&T says they've pushed Android 11 already, let alone Android 10.  They've said they've tried to manually push an OS update to my device, but when I try to go to software update, the device says the software is up to date.  They didn't know what else to do so they've pointed me to Samsung support.  Samsung said to download Smart Switch and when my device is plugged in, it should automatically detect that it is ready for an update and do the push.  However, when I plug my phone in, it says:

Model name: SM-G975U, Android 9, "Your device software is up to date SGJ(ATT)"

Anybody have any ideas.  I need to at least be on Android 10.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
djhurlburt91
First Poster
Options

Thanks all. I went to Best Buy and their Samsung person couldn't upgrade my phone so I went to a local mobile fix-it place and they were able to upgrade the device to Android 10. Of course they had to wipe the phone. 

When I reinstalled my work email app, they said the Android 10 variant didn't have the latest security patch. Work told me to try another software update, but upon doing that, the device said it was already up to date. As you all know, technically at&t is on Android 11. So, ultimately I'm being forced to get another phone for work. Here comes the iPhone 😞

0 Likes