Did you mean: 

Original topic:

QR Code note scanning

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 02:09 PM)
maggiethecat
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

I am having trouble scanning QR codes using my camera. I have tried to change the settings on my camera to enable it to scan but it has made no difference whatsoever.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Maestro
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series
Hi,
On the camera settings
Try enabling auto HDR
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

@maggiethecat Hello, try resetting the camera settings from the settings itself.Go to Camera Settings and reset the settings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

@maggiethecat: To begin with, please open the Camera app, tap the cog symbol and make sure that 'Scan QR Codes' is toggled on. Now, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom using 2 fingers, select 'Scan QR Code' from the Quick Panel, scan the QR code, tap on the pop up and the link will open. 

If you're still experiencing issues, try taking a photo of the QR code then head to your Gallery app, select the image of the code, tap the Bixby Vision icon (it looks like an eye), then select 'Lens' to allow Bixby to read the code a redirect you to the URL. You can also access Bixby Vision via the Camera app > Scroll to 'More' > Bixby Vision. Simply enable all pop up permissions, then select the QR code symbol at the bottom of the screen. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
igiveanswer
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy Note9 Series

There are a few things you can try if you're having trouble scanning QR codes with your camera:

1. Make sure your camera lens is clean and free of any smudges or fingerprints. This can sometimes interfere with the camera's ability to focus properly.

2. Make sure you're holding your phone steady and at the right distance from the QR code. Try to keep your hand as steady as possible and hold your phone about 6 inches away from the QR code.

3. If you're using an iPhone, make sure the QR code scanning feature is turned on in the Control Center. To do this, go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then find the QR code reader and add it to your Control Center.

4. If you're using an Android phone, you may need to download a QR code scanning app from the Google Play Store. Some popular options include QR Code Reader by Scan, QR Code Reader by ZXing Team, and Barcode Scanner by ZXing Team.

5. If none of the above steps work, try restarting your phone and then attempting to scan the QR code again.

6. Look for other options for scanning a QR code on your Samsung device. You may have a look at the website as follows, it provides 8 different ways to do: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/04/how-to-scan-qr-codes-on-samsung.html 

Hopefully one of these suggestions will help you successfully scan your QR code!

0 Likes