Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last update causing Secure Folder's apps crashing whenever I take a screenshot on my Samsung Note9

(Topic created on: 19-04-2021 08:27 AM)
Ayman_N
Apprentice
Options

I recently updated my note 9 security patch level: March 1, 2021

I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot then all applications will start crashing in secure folder if trying to type any text, also screenshot will make me unable to access any application's chat window (keep crashing and kicking me out)

---------------- offered none working ideas by Samsung support:

Samsung support offered me to wipe cash (it did didn't work), then they offer me to format my phone (also didn't work), last thing they offer me to send my phone to service center!!!!

-------

Hello Samsung, 

Please send new update with a fix, I don't want to send my phone to service center for a week or more.

7 REPLIES 7
monroevee
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. Just update the lastest firmware last night. And today when I capture screen and try to open application Line in secure folder. The Line application keep crashing. This problem is a huge matter as frequently, I need to capture information and send to my colleagues in the conversation room immediately but when the application crash, then I will have to restart my Note9. It takes time.

Please fix issue asap.

Omarxxx1
First Poster
Options

Same here !!!

Never faced any app cash until recently. All apps in secure folder keeps crashing especially after showing the keyboard to type.. some even crash once opening the app

Please solve 

Ayman_N
Apprentice
Options

It seems the problem related to Android system webview

After every screenshot must uninstall "Android system webview" but that doesn't work all of the time, sometimes need to restart the phone 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This happens to my Note 9 as well. Upgraded the firmware on June 1st 2021 from my wireless carrier to N960WVLU8FUE1. App is still crashing in secured folder after taken a screenshot. The only work around is get out of secured folder and access your clipboard. You don't need to empty your clipboard in case you still want to use the screenshot.

0 Likes
howlongis4ever
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. When i take a screenshot, every app on secure folder is crashed.

0 Likes
Jan-dubai
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

this happens not only when taking screenshot in secure folder, even outside I have the issue. Only phone restart will help that apps continue to work.

Support may investigate this further?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

After i updated the firmware from my wireless carrier in September. I don't have the issue again.

0 Likes