Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Crashes (AND FIXES)

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 02:05 AM)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options

So this has just started to happen for me, many of my apps will crash and become unusable. I'm not sure whats started this but its getting to the point that my apps aren't responding, including my keyboard as I'm typing this out. It also says that my Google services aren't working either.

30 REPLIES 30
Solution
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
In relation to my previous post for the time being of many apps crashing on Samsung phones and other android devices, the best solution at the moment is
Google play store>search web view>uninstall

It works and I've got full access back, just don't update that for a while till Google releases a statement or patch.
Billydog
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for this, I was about to launch my phone out the window, its frustrated me for hours. I can go to sleep happy now. Thank you :smiling-face:
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Same here, I don't want to pay for a new window 😆 💤
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
I am not facing any problem so far.
0 Likes
pcbobby
Apprentice
Options

Same here... what is going on? Disaster. 

0 Likes
pcbobby
Apprentice
Options

... has to be system-wide issue... meanwhile I cleared everything short of doing a factory reset. 

0 Likes
pcbobby
Apprentice
Options

... tried everything suggested like clearing media cache partition... the phone has become nearly unusable... never experienced anything like this...

0 Likes
pcbobby
Apprentice
Options

... obviously world-wide--not just UK. Still, this appears like a local issue as apps crash. How can this be a system-wide issue? 

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all!

I've merged a few of the threads covering this one.

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

To update Android System Webview

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

SHABSMAFYA
Apprentice
Options
Right guys.
There was a update from google playstore.
2 of them needed updating.

I updated them this morning.
And bang.

Phone is working again.

Thank lord.
I thought i was gonna have to buy a New Phone.
😅