Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 tone descending noise every 30 seconds

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 05:44 PM)
ant38
Student
Options

hi, my galaxy note 9 has developed a problem. a few hours after it has been switched on it starts making a 4 tone descending noise every 30 seconds.for the first few hours this doesnt happen. i had a relatively recent software update, but the problem didnt start for a afew days after that.. the noise will happen even if i have no apps running. i havent recently downloaded any new apps, i cant see that any alarms are turned on. i have recorded the sound and could send a file if helpful, any suggestions?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hi @ant38 ! 

I've seen posts of random beep-like noises being reported by some users of a few models (S7, S9, Note10 etc.), who found that the culprit was the Khaleej Times app that did that despite was showing in the Settings etc., e.g.: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Samsung-S7-making-random-beep-like-morse-code-...

Unsure if it's the same for you... but feel free to link to a sound file on here. 🙂👍

ant38
Student
Options

thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow aknowledgement. updated all my apps and for the moment seems to have solved the problem