Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 08:40 PM)
Members_7ttOUbH
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have traded in a pristine condition S8 for an S20.

I have now received an email from MTR group saying my phone has screen burn, so I need to pay £25.00.

I honestly don't mind paying, but the email looks very dodgy and they only accept Sage pay.

I paid for my new phone by PayPal, which is safe.

I'm getting on in years and don't want to be caught out by giving all my bank details.

Thanks to anyone who can advise 

Gill

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you don't need to pay for it, then don't! If it was urgent, I'm sure follow up emails will be given. If not, it is most likely a scam 😎
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Also, check to see if the email is legit from the trading place you brought it from 😁. Try to possibly reconfirm this issue, with MTR by ringing them or some other way of contacting them 😉
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
MTR is part of Samsung's recycling programme so they are pukka.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

SagePay which I believe looking at a Google Search is now called Opayo looks to be a secure method of payment @Members_7ttOUbH 

I've seen posts like yours in the past where a person has traded in a phone in good faith believing it was pristine only to be advised they business who took the phone assessed it and believe it wasn't !

I've only ever traded one phone in with Samsung and I did this inside a Samsung Experience Store where they assessed the phone in front of me and the price was as is.

Even then the Trade In Price wasn't high end to be honest so from then on I've sold my phone's to family or friends.

Never ebay due to the issues that can arise.

Sorry I digress,  So back to the payment method you should be fine to make the payment.

Contact them back and ask to pay via the method your comfortable with i.e PayPal.

However you could also challenge their appraisal and see what they say.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "