Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI notifications

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 06:09 AM)
johnnnny
Apprentice
Options

Hi. I would like to know how to disable System UI notifications. I had a quick search and it appears that it may be impossible, in which case I would like to ask what were people at Samsung thinking?

I had a break from Samsung phones for a couple of years and I just got myself note 20 ultra only to find out that people at Samsung have possibly lost their minds. Is there any particular purpose these unswitchable notifications serve other than ridiculing the creators and anger provoking in users?

Is there a way to get rid of this nonsense or do I really have to get rid of this phone after a mere few days of use?

Please, tell me it's not as stupid as I suspect it is.

Screenshot_20210531-114403_Settings.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@johnnnny 

hello

may we know what do you intend to block please?

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
johnnnny
Apprentice
Options

Everything. By the way, your counter-question suggests quite a few things about you.

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

so sorry, thought we'll know now secret how to brute force stop notifications 

no more... I'll keep quite... 🤐😂

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Certain UI notifications are required to be turned on and can't be turned off by conventional means
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Tested this,  I am able to to turn off Screenshots and App Icon Badges in System UI Notifications but not anything else on an S10.

However others seemed to be able to turn off more on an S20 , see this thread : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/s21-do-you-know-how-to-get-rid-of-system-ui... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Rasselah
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem on the same phone..  Random ui notifications all the time with no explanation..  Super annoying in the middle of the night..  Only started happening after I switched from the Note 9 a couple months ago..  

johnnnny
Apprentice
Options

It is impossible to do it. Thread is closed. Samsung is trash. I am out. 

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@johnnnny 

on System UI

each entry can be tapped to open sub menu

simply switch off pop-up, lockscreen, then put each to silent

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)

0 Likes
Berryhill
First Poster
Options

Tap each individual grayed out thing, like "No SIM" then switch Minimize notifications.

0 Likes