Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen mirroring

(Topic created on: 15-09-2022 05:28 PM)
dabs40
First Poster
Options

I am not able to screen mirror on my note 20 ultra 5g to my lg tv when the rest of the family can!!

3 members have iphones and connect with NO issues and within seconds.

my youngest and i have samsung phones and we can't. we both get the same message..

My note 20 ultra 5g cannot!!

This is a disgrace to have such an advanced and expensive device and not being able to do a relatively easy task such as screen mirroring.

Does anybody else has the same issue and have they been able to fix it?

I have tried dozens of screen mirroring apps and none of them worked ( in fact, some worked the first time but then stopped working for god knows what reason..).

This is driving me crazy! please help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
dabs40
First Poster
Options

Hi Stuart.

Thanks for that but I'm interested in having the wireless function working.

I have a USB-C / hdmi cable but I shouldn't have to use this to connect to my TV in our day and age. I was able to connect before but not anymore.

Thanks anyway for your help, but I'm looking to fix the Bluetooth issue, and/or avoid extra equipment to screen share stuff from my phone to my TV.

It's despicable to have such powerful devices and not being able to use a simple feature like Bluetooth without having to struggle..

Dabs40. 

0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
No probs, I don't do what your trying to do so my knowledge it very limited but the video looked helpfull. Good luck getting it working as you want it ✌️
0 Likes
dabs40
First Poster
Options

hi stuart. thanks for the help anyway. i knew all the tricks that guy said and yes it can be useful. but i'm looking to get that *&%%$£* bluetooth to connect to my tv just like it used to. I have read somewhere that samsung had done this on purpose to force people to connect to samsung tv's only...doubt it's the exact reason but what i know is that my bluetooth used to connect with my tv without issues and now it doesn't.

never mind ,will keep searching ( or pesting samsun to fix this...;-)) until i manage or give up.

thanks for your help anyway,much appreciated.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @dabs40. Have you gone through the guide below to see if it helps you get your Note20 Ultra connected to your TV?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-screen-mirroring-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-...

If you have exhausted all of the steps and tried other Screen Mirroring methods on your phone, I'd definitely recommend submitting an Error report:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

I'm sure that you can get this working again, so please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
dabs40
First Poster
Options

Hi PaulM1.

My tv is an lg ( i don't think i have any issues with any other brands, and surely not with samsung ones...;-)) but i will check those videos...thanks

0 Likes
dabs40
First Poster
Options

ok.

went to check those videos and i have already exhausted those ideas...i do have a cable to connect to my tv and it works. i just don't want ( and shouldn't have to) to do that.

I have downloaded the smartthings app and it does help although sometimes it works fine sometimes it doesn't.

if i want live stream videos,it's a struggle but can be done eventually. Although by that time the rest of the family are sound asleep by then...

Airplay is no problem to screenshare on tv .just samsung ( we only have 2 brands at the minute : apple and samsung).

the smarthings app is buggy and sluggish. it's easier to screen cast from files already on the phone as compare to streaming...

The funny thing is ,as for most of the different apps i have tried, the first time i try an app it usually works but after that it gets harder and harder until not possible...weird.

thanks all the same and i will pursue my quest to find a solution that works and lasts...;-)

oh, and i forgot to mention that i have already reached for samsung " support" and they have suggested the exact same things i have tried dozens of times with no effect.

I guess my last resort will be to reset my phone (erase all and start fresh).

That might be the only solution but i'm not too keen on this ...

0 Likes