Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download updates without WiFi?

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 09:16 PM)
marcinierz
First Poster
Options
Hi. I used unlimited data for ages and had this option worked properly on galaxy s8, s9, note 10,etc. but in 2022 when using note 20 ultra, I can't download updates without WiFi. What is different now? What can I do?  Many thanks. M.
10 REPLIES 10
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
Go to Settings >>

Search for "Wifi" in the settings search bar >> tap on wifi

Tap on advanced settings then toggle on  "Switch to mobile data automatically" (use mobile data when wi-fi has no internet access.)

Enable this option.

Once enabled, swipe down from the top of the phone and turn off wifi and download the update. 
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @marcinierz 

This is certainly a conundrum which is affecting quite a few owners of different phone's who also reside in different regions / countries. 

I have the Fold³ which allows me to update my phone's software over Mobile Data or Wi-Fi. [ Whichever I choose  ]

My Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra will only update software over Wi-Fi.

It will not let me update over Mobile Data.

This has also been discussed on the forum and on other forums.

I'm in the UK with both phone's purchased direct from Samsung UK.

I've provided feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App.

There are some tips people give in some threads but alas none has helped so I have just resorted to waiting till I get home to update my phone's software when it becomes available. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Nalryn
First Poster
Options

This does not work

Anner1610
First Poster
Options

I just downloaded the update with mobile data on my S22 ultra so it can be done, contrary to your wifi only stance. However I can not get my daughter's s22 plus to download the update without wifi, which is why I was on this forum in the first place.

0 Likes
komradek
First Poster
Options
Same... its driving me mad. I keep forgetting to download it at work over WiFi. I have unlimited data and live on my own so just don't have WiFi.
0 Likes
ImaJoker
Apprentice
Options

Mee too.  And the frequent "agree to our updated policies" SPAM is why my entire family will no longer buy another Samasung phone.  The company is just too disconnected from the user experience.  Goodbye SamStung.

AntOnTour
First Poster
Options
Yup. It's a pain in the proverbial OK. I have the bog standard S23 and I can't download the Update without WiFi. When I first got the phone however it did update with data. So it's even more annoying and baffling to boot.
0 Likes
Trotz75
First Poster
Options

Go to settings,  in the search Barr type app update, click on galaxy system app update, then click on galaxy system app update. U will then see an option to turn off WiFi only updates. Restart your phone and your good to go. Took me ages to find this solution. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Trotz75 

I've looked there and the update over Wi-Fi only js toggled on but my phone still updates over Mobile Data still. 

It's certainly a conundrum. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes