Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling upgrade programme and returning phone

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 09:34 PM)
Roastbeef2020
Student
Options

I pre-ordered the Note 20 Ultra and got it when it first came out back in August.

I am at the 6 month point now and don't want to upgrade at 12 months as this would likely be the new note this year. I just find the phone too big for what I need it for, but I can't find the T&Cs for the agreement anywhere. I have 3 questions:

1) Is there any way to cancel the finance agreement and return the phone to samsung right now? Even though I am only 6 months into the contract? (Like a PCP car)

2) If I wait for the 12 month point is there any way to just return the phone which cancels the agreement and stops me having to pay off the phone?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Roastbeef2020 ,

the best way to get all these questions responded to is by reaching our Online Shop Team who manages the Upgrade Programme on 0330 726 7467.

0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Hi from what I gathered from their T&Cs is "No" to both of your questions. Your renewal window for a upgrade opens on the 12th month and closes on the 15th month. So if you choose not to upgrade to a new phone you just keep on paying for the existing one and at the end if you want to keep the phone you make a final payment. It is just like a PCP and if you do cancel the agreement before it is due you can return the phone saying you can't make payments anymore and it goes on your credit file! I would suggest you waiting for the 12 months to be over and maybe look to go for the normal note version next time around if there is one? But the upgrade program is suited best if you intend to replace a phone every year. I would maybe try speaking to Samsung as well but would hold my breathe! Good luck🤞
0 Likes
Roastbeef2020
Student
Options
Thanks for your input. I've cancelled a PCP on my car in the past and it doesn't effect your credit at all, is just a marker, but as long as you can justify it there's no problem! On hold to them now but it's taking a while!
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
Good luck bud!
0 Likes