Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Two Minor Features I'd Love - Note 10+

(Topic created on: 09-11-2019 10:44 PM)
John79x
Journeyman
Options

Two minor feature additions I'd love to see.

1. The Side Key menu let's you answer phone calls with volume up and end phone calls with the Side Key.

I'd love to be able to do both answer and end calls with just the Side Key.

It's so much more comfortable to hit than the volume up button.

2. When there is an existing group text in my messages app, I think it would be really cool to give that group text a name that shows up in that page listing all text messages.

Example: Instead of seeing a cutoff list of two names or numbers (+ 3 more), let me give that group text a custom name.

Would just be cool for my billiards league team group and my work group.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @John79x! I will definitely pass these two on to the developers team to see if they can be integrated with future possible updates. :smiling-face:

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @John79x! I will definitely pass these two on to the developers team to see if they can be integrated with future possible updates. :smiling-face:

John79x
Journeyman
Options

Awesome, thanks!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @John79x , :smiling-face:

We've got a reply from the developers about your Side Key suggestion. The short version is that for the way it works currently the developers prioritised the convenience of the 'turn-off' screen function for end/reject calls - and the 'screen-off' is tied to the side key. It's a good suggestion, but they have no plans to change that concept.

We're still waiting to hear back about your group text name suggestion, but we'll let you know when we do. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@John79x , The developers have replied regarding the group text name suggestion. 

It appears that there's enough of a difference in standardisation between the various messaging types/standards presenting a technical barrier to this one. RCS apparently supports the option, but MMS doesn't, for example.

0 Likes