Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for ONE UI features

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 12:31 AM)
Henry919
Student
Options

Hi, 

I have been using note for half a year and there are some simple features which I hope should be baked into Samsung os but have yet been (the feature had been around in other smartphone os since the era of s7 edge).

1) ability to see data usage, quota left in the notification/pull down shortcut.

2) ability to set data used for that sim card (ie transfer of sim days/weeks after billing period start)

3) Press the clock or date in pull down menu can bring us to clock app or calender app respectively

4) Press the time, weather or calender in the widget of homescreen can bring us to respective app.

5) showing download/upload speed of the devices in the status bar

Hope these small little features can be implemented

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarlH
Options

Hi @Henry919. I've passed these suggestions on to our R&D Team. 

AntS
Options

Cheers CarlH! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

@Henry919 , The developers have got back to us on all of those.

1. You should be able to check data usage by long-pressing the 'Mobile Data' button on the Notification/Quick Panel.

2. Currently, users having Dual-SIM devices can go into Settings > Connections > Data usage to set data limit, billing cycle, or data warning on both SIM cards, depending on preference. Is this the feature you're asking for? If not, please tell us more info about your suggestion. :smiling-face:

3. The developers were unable to see any significant benefit of accessing the Clock/Calendar apps from the Notification/Quick Panel (as opposed to how users currently access those apps). 

4. Similar to no.3 above. The developers' reasoning is that the purpose of a widget is to perform some actions without the need to open the full app.

5. No current plans from the developers to provide an upload/download speed display feature iin the status bar - but they may consider something similar in the future.

0 Likes
Henry919
Student
Options

Hi Ants,

1. You should be able to check data usage by long-pressing the 'Mobile Data' button on the Notification/Quick Panel.

# Yes, I know that, I am suggesting a more user friendly improvement in the UI without user clicking into multiple actions, and just want to get a quick glance what is used, whats remaining. Such feature is available in a lot of other OS out there.

2. Currently, users having Dual-SIM devices can go into Settings > Connections > Data usage to set data limit, billing cycle, or data warning on both SIM cards, depending on preference. Is this the feature you're asking for? If not, please tell us more info about your suggestion. 

# No. Imagine you just get a new phone in the middle of the month, you have used up 2.73GB/5GB of the data, remaining 2.27GB. The billing cycle only start in the beginning of the month and you changed your new phone and you have no choice to key in that you have used 2.73GB from that same sim card and track it from there. Feature is useful especially for people who owned multiple devices.

3. The developers were unable to see any significant benefit of accessing the Clock/Calendar apps from the Notification/Quick Panel (as opposed to how users currently access those apps). 

# Imagine you don't need to purposely pin a calender app or clock app in your home screen. When a user need to go to alarm, or use a stopwatch, he/she can just click the widget from the homescreen or, if he and she are in some other apps, the clock/calender can be reachable by just dragging down the notification, and click the clock. There is so much steps saved, instead of going to home, swipe to clock/calender app or even open up app drawer for that action. The whole idea is to get all these actions more intuitive, I don't see why it isn't significant.

4. Similar to no.3 above. The developers' reasoning is that the purpose of a widget is to perform some actions without the need to open the full app.

# Similar to my clarification in 3.

5. No current plans from the developers to provide an upload/download speed display feature iin the status bar - but they may consider something similar in the future.

# Great, this feature is useful without the need of getting 3rd party app, flooding the phone.

0 Likes
Rogsilva
First Poster
Options

I would like to add  few here instead of starting a new thread....

6) Restore the ability to remove borders from Icons

7) Ability to remove the names/titles from icons in the home screen (something many other launchers support)

😎 Maybe this is a feature that I am unaware of, but being able to organise icons in the app drawer anywhere on that drawer. It is much more conveninent to have them near the bottom due to the screens size.

9) Better one handed mode gesture - swiping down from that gesture pill barely works.....

10) Samsung Pay quick access interfears with the home swipe gesture..... I can't swip up from home to see all apps if Samsun Pay home screen quick access is enabled.

That's all for now that I can think of.

0 Likes