Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 10 plus OFFICIAL screen protector

(Topic created on: 05/11/19 19:11)
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
90 REPLIES 90
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@Cassidy007  a question still remains about the glue and wether it may have an impact on oleophoebic treatments on the screen itself. I'm not sure that it is really safe. Also the 2nd problem related many times with that protector is that after 1 or 2 months there is ugly bubbles appearing on the edges and extend slowly, and the only solution then is its replacement which costs about 15€ per screen (30€ for two i think or something like that).

 

However like you do, i'm looking into this as well because of all the great reviews overall and the fact that it seems to be the only glass that adhere correctly to the edges of the screen, and allows fingerprint.

 

I'm also looking into the latest Zagg (the ones professionnally installed in the shops, not the ones you buy and do yourself), the new one is clear without orange peel aspect and probably glides better for s-pen use. Downside is that it does not go really flush to the edges (to allow any back protection to be clipped without interfering, they say), so the factory installed protector seems way better in that way.

0 Likes
Reply
Cassidy007
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@DL31 , as i explain IF  and only IF i  had to remove original screen protector for any reason, i will replace it  with a Whitestone Dome Glass protector BUT like i still have the original Samsung screen protector personnaly i put only a film on it (something similar as Zagg)

In my country, it's popular but in your country, you seems having more better choice. YOU  have to remember than any film will not let your S-Pen slippering as well as tempered glass is doing...

LK film score in my country

LK screen protector filmLK screen protector film

 

You need to see the video often before installingYou need to see the video often before installing

 

Lk screen protectorLk screen protectorLk screen protectorLk screen protectorLk screen protectorLk screen protector

Si votre problème est résolu suite à ma réponse ,  veuillez l'accepter comme solution . Merci
Samantha22
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@DL31

 

To allay some of your fears I've used Whitestone Screen Protector fairly extensively over my last 3 phones. All had at least one, but often 2, on for a year without any visible or functional issues and I've sold the phone on without a problem. No problem with bubbles appearing. 

 

The key is installing it correctly. Watch the video repeatedly first, they added in an extra feature to help perfect installation for the Note 10+ which made it easier to get it spot on.

I have seen comments on YouTube that the in display fingerprint scanner doesn't work with it on but I have not found this to be the case and I've installed this screen protector twice and it worked perfectly on both occasions. 

StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@MadalinK wrote:

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 


None are being manufactured at the moment. No official factory installed type.  Only for new devices as needed 

0 Likes
Reply
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

 


@StellarTraveler wrote:

@MadalinK wrote:

Can anyone confirm if I am able to buy official replacement screen protectors for the Note 10 plus in the UK? There are none on the Samsung Online Store ( only for the S10 plus which also came with one pre installed ) and apparently none in the Experience Stores. 

The one that is pre installed will need replacing at some point and I would be interested to continue having the genuine Samsung one.

So far, Samsung UK have not provided a clear answer to this. 

 

Thank you! 


None are being manufactured at the moment. No official factory installed type.  Only for new devices as needed 


 

That does not sound good at all ! 

 

Where are you getting this info from? 

Samsung UK themselves couldn't give me an answer to my question. 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Reply
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

I removed mine and now its flawless.

the best protector is me.

I will be the cause if any breakage and nothing else. no breaks in 15 years.

Cosmic730
Navigator
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series
@StellarTraveler I am the same, haven't put any screen protectors on last few generation of Note phones and I've not had any issues with the screen. The last time I used a screen protector that I installed was with the Note 4. I had tempered glass. I take care of my electronics but the only reason I am looking at the screen protector is because I have arthritis, especially in my hands which means I'm now more likely to have my phone slip out of my hands. I've got s bumper case which covers the sides and back. I guess I liked that extra security from the factory installed screen protector. Will have to be extra careful now.
0 Likes
Reply
MadalinK
Voyager
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

I've only had the Note 10 for literally 1 month and I already have a big scratch on my screen protector - I don't even know how I managed to get it. I am very careful how I handle the phone.

I was browsing and kept blowing on the screen thinking it was a hair, until I realised it was a scratch :face-with-rolling-eyes:

This has not happened to me in a very long time.

So I was very grateful that it was on the screen but now it looks horrible and I need to find a replacement very soon.

 

 

 

IMG-20191105-WA0004.jpg

 






Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
Reply
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@MadalinK wrote:

I've only had the Note 10 for literally 1 month and I already have a big scratch on my screen protector - I don't even know how I managed to get it. I am very careful how I handle the phone.

I was browsing and kept blowing on the screen thinking it was a hair, until I realised it was a scratch :face-with-rolling-eyes:

This has not happened to me in a very long time.

So I was very grateful that it was on the screen but now it looks horrible and I need to find a replacement very soon.

 

 

 

IMG-20191105-WA0004.jpg

 


The user awareness is the first protector, and scratches occur out of abrasive contact only. go whitestone dome and done.

0 Likes
Reply
Cassidy007
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy Note10 Series

@MadalinK , like @StellarTraveler  said, if i was in your situation, i'll buy for sure a Whitestone Dome Glass. Don't remove your screen protector before you're ready to install the Whitestone

 

Si votre problème est résolu suite à ma réponse ,  veuillez l'accepter comme solution . Merci