Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 10 plus data connection issues

(Topic created on: 20-09-2019 02:16 PM)
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have purchased a note 10 plus over a week ago and I have been getting really bad internet connection. I have raised the issue many times with my phone carrier but they are not helping in any way. Today I decided to put my sim card into my old iPhone 8 plus and my internet works perfectly fine. Is the issue with the phone in this case? Or could it still my phone providers fault? Any suggestions on how to solve this annoying problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks :sun-with-face:

30 REPLIES 30
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @HaytchG 

In others posts, i saw those answers from @BandOfBrothers  and me, but for Data connexions, @BandOfBrothers  is better than me to answer, just wait a while, he's coming...

Is this happening if you connect to any source of wifi or is it your home wifi ?

Can you split the frequencies of your home Broadband router to 2.4gzh and 5ghz and then connect to one and then the other to see if the different frequencies make a difference.

Forget the network and re set up the connection.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on your device.

And me :

please make a speed test with the same application on all of your device and take a screenshot of all of them. Write the name of the device use in each test... 

Install a good WiFi analyser on Google Play Store and check.. I am waiting...

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options

Hi Cassidy, :sun-with-face:

Many thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that the internet problem is only when I use my phone data not WiFi. My Wifi seems to work well most of the time. It is only the phone data that seems to be the issue. My phone network keeps telling me to get my phone checked out. I did a sim reset to see if it would help the situation and it did for a very short period of time and I told my phone network I can't keep doing that everytime my internet connection drops. Is there any other ways I could try to help improve the data connection? Many thanks. 

0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@HaytchG , i understood that , this is why i wrote but for Data connexions, @BandOfBrothers  is better than me to answer, just wait a while, he's coming

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

@HaytchG  Make sure your SIM is correctly sitting inside your phone. I read about some troubles when it was not. If not done, remove it and reinsert it. Maybe not the problem, however... If you cut it from a larger sim, it could sit well in the Note8 but not in Note10? Have you tried the 2nd SIM slot ? (costs nothing to check, but dunno if it works if there is none in slot 1)

However, you are not the first having issues with note10+ and data connexions ...

HaytchG
Journeyman
Options
Ahh thank you for your reponse and help. Hopefully I can get further help soon 😁
0 Likes
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options
My sim card came in pre-cut so all I did was pop it into the slot however I have put the sim into the second slot as suggested by you and will see if that helps in any way 😀. The sim is running as normal in the 2nd slot. The data is still dropping but far less than it was when my sim was in the 1st slot. I'm hoping this solution somewhat works as I don't want to send my phone to get it checked but it might be the best solution in the end. Many thanks
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately I'm still having the exact same issues even with the sim in the second slot 😭😭😭 my data connection is still so so bad.
DL31
Troubleshooter
Options

It does same whatever your location is ? (center town etc? )

Did you try to set your data connexion to 3G instead of 4G for testing ? 

Would be nice if you had someone else's SIM (preferably a different carrier) for testing as well.

0 Likes
HaytchG
Journeyman
Options
Yes the issue is everywhere I go. My sim is set on LTE,3G and 2G.

Unfortunately I don't have someone's else's sim to try out 😔
0 Likes