Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ - Phone app randomly launches

(Topic created on: 17-04-2020 07:01 PM)
Alex848
Journeyman
Options

Hello, 

The phone app randomly launching and it is very annoying. It all started a week ago and it is getting worse. It randomly opened a dialog box telling me to chose an app between Phone and Viber to complete  this action. An action I did not launched! I uninstalled Viber and now it just pops out the phone app. As I am writting this text it popped 3 times. Please fix this bug. Restarting the phone didn't help and I have the latest update (01.04.2020). Thank you.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Alex848
Journeyman
Options

Also I want to highlight that I had run Device Care and also cleared the cache of the Phone app many times and it does not fix this Bug! ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/)

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Alex848 ,

hope that you are well.  Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Is this still happening in this mode? Is the phone damage in any way?

0 Likes
Alex848
Journeyman
Options

Hi @TessM. I just finished testing like you said and yes, the phone app randomly pops even in safe mode. I bought this phone on April the 6th and it was delivered on the 8th.  This is a new phone with a case and did not receive any physical shock and it is not rooted or damaged in any way. I am a samsung client since S5 mini. I had S7, S9 + and now this one.  I like your product and first of all please help me and resolve this bug. If you like, you have all my support and I can give you access to system logs or send them to you in an e-mail if this is possible. You can get in touch with me by phone number also. It is very annoying, just as I type it popped 4 times. If this persists I will be forced to give back the phone and consider other products. Thank you, with respect, Alex.

0 Likes
Alex848
Journeyman
Options

@TessM also  I will proceed with a data back-up and after that a factory reset.  Before I started Factory Reset I used the link (https://support.samsungknox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013353688-How-do-I-capture-logs-to-troubleshoot...) and  using SysDump I got a log of the device's activities just after the phone app opened again. It happenned while I was watching a youtube video, if you want, please send me an e-mail where I can send them to you. Thank you.After I have my phone up and running I will let you know if it appears again. I hope not and I hope this factory reset fixes this bug. Thank you.

0 Likes
Alex848
Journeyman
Options

Helo,

Sorry for the delay about my issue but I celebrated Easter.  I restored the phone to factory settings and I initiated it without choosing a backpup from samsung  cloud. I set up the phone just like a new user, the phone had only the apps that you get by default. It worked fine untill I made the 01.04.2020 update After I made this uldate the issue reappeard. So I am guessing a security update issue with the latest update.  If you like, I also got a second batch of logs. It does it more often when I am using Youtube( full-screen or not). It is not a hardware issue! Thank you.

0 Likes