Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10+ battery issue - anyone else ?

(Topic created on: 13-09-2020 11:14 PM)
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi,

For the last weeks I have noticed that my phone would turn itself off after reaching 7-8% battery. 
It did not use to do that before. If I see it in time and have a charger nearby, I plug it in then watch the battery level go down to 6% , 5% , 4% and so on until it starts charging again. This evening I was down to 13% when all of a sudden I saw it turn off with 0% battery. 
When this happens, the phone is not hard at work. I downloaded AccuBattery (another user on here recommended it) and the health is 102% (based on 20 charges).

I only ever use official Samsung chargers (wall charger and wireless charger).

Is anyone else experiencing this ? I did the interactive check and the battery level is good, and I'm also pretty satisfied with it during the day.

Thanks 

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

To be honest I've not let my N10+ 5G battery get that low as I prefer not to let it drop below 15% @MadalinK 

You could try as a very last resort a factory reset after backing up and removing any relevant Sd card or let a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre take a look.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
On rare occasions, it does go below 15% if I use it more on that day.

I did think about a factory reset, but it's too much hassle for me to be honest.

I guess I will just have to live with it for the time being.

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Try draining the battery down all the way then charging it back up to 100% a couple of times. Might help your kernel calibrate itself again.
Dave297
First Poster
Options
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I've got the exact same problem. When I get close to 10% I can connect the charger and still see the percentage drop like a countdown before it dies around 5% even with the charger attached. I have to be careful not to let the phone get down to around 15%. It's very annoying.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi, unfortunately I did not find a solution to this. I ended up trading it in.

0 Likes
Dave297
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the response, I'll probably need to try a factory reset to see if it fixes it as I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue. Thanks again.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
No problem, I'm also guessing that the older the battery gets, the more it will act up.

0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I wonder if a Samsung store will replace the battery for free. The phone is still under warranty.

0 Likes