Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 03:12 AM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Options

@AntS - still no response from your Manager @SachikoT !!! Unresponsive for over 3 weeks is  just unacceptable !!! WtF !!

can you atleast help get his/her attention to this matter?.... it is extremely urgent and high importance! 

0 Likes
Bennihurr
First Poster
Options

There ARE security issues. When you send a message from the wrong sim card there can of course be a security problem.

0 Likes
Options

WTF!!! Did Samsung fix this issue yet ???!!!

0 Likes
Options

Hello Everyone!!! Need your help to validate below please.

It was very nice of our fellow @Elles93 to share amazing news on another Samsung Community thread  that "The issue has been resolved with an update pushed one hour ago"

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/weird-dual-sim-issue/m-p/4077596/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

This is very very exciting and glad to hear Samsung finally came to their senses and did not get distracted by ignorant ppl like @ElfStone with very bad intentions and bad behaviour!

For about 9 months, as a temp solution, I reverted back to Android 10, UI 2.5 ....and have been daily checking Samsung Community threads patiently waiting like all us for the good news shared today by @Elles93

Like Many others, I cannot risk to update my software to Android 11, UI 3.x until I see evidence that this issue has truly been resolved for both Samsung Calls App and Samsung Messages App

Can we have ppl here on Android 11, 3.x please help attempt to update and provide us with screenshots of the software update information that shows update version and most importantly screenshots of Samsung Calls (Dialer) and Samsung Messages app. It would be helpful see evidence showing 2 separate buttons SIM1 + SIM2 for Calls and Messages.

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

I will share the info once I get this update. My actual version is 11 UI 3.1 with the same status like before. So hopefuly after next update we can use our dual SIM phones like before (with a smile on our faces).

0 Likes
Options

@Dzeno - thank you and standing by IF Samsung has truly fixed this ....fingers crossed this is not a false alarm from @Elles93 

For anyone else that needs a reminder of how our Dual SIM phones were like before (Android 10, UI 2.5), please reference below screenshots

Screenshot_20210306-093635_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Mayank Agrawal
First Poster
Options

Yeah! I am also having the same problem.. not able to choose separate sims while calling.. as we had an option on the screen every time earlier.. this really sucks..

0 Likes
Options

@Mayank Agrawal - FYI - the issue you are describing is 9+ months OLD new!!! As you can see we are on page 26 of this thread and there are many more threads in other Samsung communities describing this same major issue! 

We are all waiting for Samsung to fix this and per my update on Friday based on @Elles93 recent post on another thread (I think Samsung Germany) that apparently this issue is resolved.....I have been asking everyone here on Android 11, UI 3.x to execute the latest update and provide evidence with screenshots!! 

I'm very surprised not one here has been able to validate yet....only @Dzeno responded....

Requesting again to EVERYONE here to PLEASE READ....below and help validate!

"The issue has been resolved with an update pushed one hour ago" ....quoting @Elles93 (reference link below)

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/weird-dual-sim-issue/m-p/4077596/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

On behalf of EVERYONE here, we please help validate!

0 Likes
Mayank Agrawal
First Poster
Options

No this doesn't quite solve the issue.. becauae i am using an official (sim 2) sim by default but when i am getting a call on personal sim ( sim1). And i missed the call and when i want to call back with sim 1 only.. then there is no option now to choose from.. earlier it was there.. where in by tapping the no. Once, we had an option to call with any of the sims... (sim1 / sim 2) but now this option is not there and only our default call sim is there showing for calling..

Samsung included one option of fixing sim for selected contacts.. which is very good.. but removing option of calling via sim1 / sim2 is very disappointing.

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

Based on previous release time and time when it was ready for instalation for my device, looks that I need to wait at least 8 days to be able to download and install latest release. I will immediately infor you about the result.

Cross the fingers.

0 Likes