Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 2.1 issues

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 02:50 PM)
Pravin_1
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I have recently got the update of one UI 2.1, after the update I have noticed that I can't do gesture back on the keyboard, and also the handwriting feature not good. 

please advise.

Thanks 

Pravin 

12 REPLIES 12
Traumtanzer
First Poster
Options

Absolutely agree on the issue with the handwriting keyboad, I'm still trying to find a way to backdate to the old version.  I used the handwriting and text editing features all the time and it feels practically unusable now, the ability to split and join words, and the ability to join around an extra auto-added space such as with punctuation were extremely simple in the old editor, now a major hassle with the update.  I'm experimenting with GBoard's handwriting now, but the integration the old Samsung handwriting keyboard had is SORELY missed.

0 Likes
onelumsum
First Poster
Options

well said!  Thanks for elaborating the situation!. anymeans to downgrade back to the old version?

0 Likes
whatthepat
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. I hate this new keyboard. Before the 2.1 update, there are lots of gestures in the handwriting keyboard. You can also view the words you wrote on the area and just write over a letter that's wrong, make a line to erase, add missing letters etc. Now you can't do any of that. You have to click on the text area and press the delete button which requires more steps. I'm so frustrated with this. I wish Samsung will give their customers options to choose before upgrading it. Please let us downgrade if we want. This is one feature why I purchased a Note 10 instead of S20 and I'm disappointed.

0 Likes