Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 10plus sound issue - phone thinks it is on call

(Topic created on: 02-09-2019 05:54 AM)
Chaala
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I am having issues with the sound on my Note 10+.

I first discovered it when watching a movie on Netflix, original Samsung AKG headphones were connected and there wasnt any sound coming. I tried to increase the volume by using the phone volume buttons and on the screen I saw In Call Volume increasing, not the Media one.. even though I go to the settings to increase Media one specifically it didnt change anything.

Then i had to restart my phone and it was back to normal.

Then the next day I realised my alarm sound is not working, it only beeps. Then I checked the selected sound, it was same as before (which is not just a beep). Then I tried to go into the alarm sound selection and clicked on one of them, it gave me an error saying something like it cannot be changed or ring while on call. 

So it seems like my Note 10+ often thinks that it is having a call at that moment.

Not sure if it is a device/hardware or software issue. But thinking to return and get a replacement as it is a big deal for that expensive phone.

Also as a side note, I am not using any screen protectors. I still have the preinstalled one came with the package.

Does anyone having this issue?

Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33
Chazer
First Poster
Options

Well, it's Oct 2021, and this problem is still happening. Im using a Galaxy Note 10+ and am having the exact same issue. For me it's the Comcast Business phone app, and the problem is exactly as everyone has described.

I sure wish Samsung would figure this out. It's creating serious problems, like my alarm not going off. 

0 Likes
JanN-S
First Poster
Options

It is now July of 2023 and this is still a problem.  I have Note 10 Plus that started doing this a few months ago.  My alarms don't work anymore and most of the notifications are screwed up. I don't have Ring or any other camera app.  I have deleted apps that can handle calls like RoboKill and others.  I don't know what to do other than buy an alarm clock.  But when you spend over $1000 for a device, you expect certain functions to work.  I am very disappointed in Samsung and am looking at the One and LG for my next Android phone.  My phone is paid off so I am no longer stuck with Samsung.   Samsung is no longer living up to its reputation.  

0 Likes
Chazer
First Poster
Options

Is your phone acting like it's in a call? If so, there's some app that needs to be forced closed. Even my voicemail app did this! I'd have to force close my voicemail app, my xfinity app, I had a doxy app, any app that has any connection to the telephone service.

0 Likes
Members_ht3neRf
First Poster
Options

I reverted all permissions from calling apps(WhatsApp, insta, messenger, Facebook) and it fixed it self. Btw calls still works too. Try this. 

0 Likes