Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 04:40 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

I just had a look at the Dual SIM Dialer and Widget and whilst it does enable you to choose the SIM card before each call, it doesn't seem to have any SMS functionality, which most people here are missing. Thanks for the suggestion though marcym. 

0 Likes
Options

@Arshadi , @rosco331 - there is only one temp solution that should satisfy everyone frustrated here....simply revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5....problem solved!!!!

0 Likes
Andrew B
Explorer
Options

Could not have said it better @rosco331 - whilst this situation is frustrating and idiotic, nothing justifies the use of that word. I've stopped engaging with this forum because the aggression is totally misdirected and out of proportion. @DualSIMNote10Plus has provided an alternative. Not ideal but it works. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all,

I have just edited the @Arshadi post as this conduct is not allowed on our Community page as detailed on our Community rules: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-guidelines/m-p/97#M2

As you've mentioned that you've tried pretty much everything, could you let me know what you've tried so I can provide you with any steps you may have missed?

0 Likes
lacrossett
Explorer
Options

@TessM Hi Tess. Thank you for the modification and holding the community to a high standard.  I do have to respectfully ask though, have you actually read through this string? When we say we've tried everything, we mean going to other applications and other phones to do what Samsung use to be able to do and no longer can. The revised Dual SIM functionality is somewhere between completely unworkable to at best poor depending on how you use your phone. This has caused people to frequently and accidentally send from the wrong mobile plan (costing money), disclose private numbers to others (impacting privacy), disallowed people to place calls hands free (affecting safety), and used up ALL sorts of continued time and frustration.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

You are very welcome @lacrossett . I have read all the messages and I'm sorry to hear your disappointment with this. I will pass this on to the relevant department so this can be looked at. 

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Great summary @lacrossett and an absolutely fair question as to whether @TessM has actually read more than one post in this thread.

0 Likes
Options

@TessM - imo, it is very sad and disappointing that @Arshadi's comments got your attention to finally help!!! So what Samsung "department" are you actually reaching out to???!! I have ZERO faith that you will come back with anything valuable.....prove us wrong!

Dzeno
Explorer
Options

@TessM The only one thing, which we really want, is to revert back to the previous functionality. That's all. You can see that we already tried everything,but the only way how to be again satisfied with the device and function,is to simply revert back to default Android version.But then again,we are losing all security patches etc

Current state isn't acceptable. If you have read the thread, then you have everything for the escalation! This isn't the only one thread, where are people complaining.

After so long time of fighting with this actually useless function is the right time to help us get the previous functionality back and make this device again valuable for the users!

Hopefuly you will help us, if so then thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Options

Agree with @Dzeno 1M % !!!

@TessM - below are the key points / issues we request you to take back and escalate to Samsung Executives:

- Privacy issues

- Security issue

- Cost issue

- UX issues

Net Net,  purpose of Dual SIM is to have TWO separate buttons for PHONE CALLS and MESSAGES

Below are screenshots of Android 10, UI 2.5

ZERO COMMON SENSE for Samsung to remove in Android 11, UI 3.x

Bring it back!!!! 

Screenshot_20210306-144738_Phone.jpg

Screenshot_20210306-144754_Messages.jpg