Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost dual SIM choice in calls and messages after update to UI3. Anyone knows how to bring them back?

(Topic created on: 01-06-2021 05:17 PM)
Gorog
Journeyman
Options

Before updating I've always had a choice of choosing which card I want to use for calling or sending messages, those options were always visible on screen. Now after updating for calls i get pop up windows asking for SIM while in messages I have no options at all. Does anyone using two SIM cards have the same problem?

343 REPLIES 343
Suk86
Journeyman
Options

As i sad... I am very sorry... not sure if I had this button before... sorry once again for falese alarm

0 Likes
Dzeno
Explorer
Options

TO: Samsung and all moderators,

This is excellent case where your clients (which pay a lot for your flagship devices) are totaly ignored!!!

Today I have received another update, unfortunately again without positive change in the DUAL SIM functionality.

You already lost me as a client and if you will continue to ignore your clients,then you will lose more.

Options

@Dzeno - Samsung Moderators are not helping and unresponsive! If I was a Moderator I would have escalated this issue to Senior Ranking Executives to help get this quickly resolved.....clearly Moderators do not care about privacy, security, cost and user experience issues!

Im im Canada so i have no access to the Samsung Executives in Europe, Asia, etc. 

Since you may be local, can you  please help call / write to them and escalate this?

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Hi all. Like many here I simply cannot understand how Samsung could have made this change with apparently no consideration of the consequences. As someone else asked, didn't they beta test this or even ask anyone at all? 

Clearly there's no point waiting for them to listen so in the meantime I've tracked down an excellent replacement for the standard messaging app. It's an open source, ad free app called Simple SMS Messenger and it allows you to simply toggle between SIM cards right next to the message input field. Here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.smsmessenger

Hope this helps others. Be safe everyone. 

0 Likes
Options

@rosco331 - can you please help share screenshots of Simple SMS messenger showing the two SIM1 + SIM2 buttons? Hopefully they are two separate buttons.....the current Samsung Message app UI 3.0 also allows the stupid toggle, and hopefully its not the same.....

Meanwhile, i have lost all faith in Samsung to fix this issue so just to let you know, i have reverted back to Android 10 UI 2.5 

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210530-015558_SMS Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210530-015639_SMS Messenger.jpg

Not exactly like the old app with 2 separate buttons but I actually like this better because previously I occasionally hit the wrong button and sent it from the wrong SIM. Can't happen with this system. 

0 Likes
MataraE
First Poster
Options

This is a downgrade not upgrade , sim business and personal is such a hassle to keep changing , they either correct or we get other options in the market 

0 Likes
Options

@MataraE - samsung is unresponsive, and the Samsung Community Moderators here are useless and not helping......so for now all you can do is revert back Android 10, UI 2.5

0 Likes
rosco331
Journeyman
Options

Hey Matara. How do you do that? 

0 Likes
Options

@rosco331 - how did @MataraE do what ?

Or are you asking me how did I revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 ?

0 Likes