Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible spellchecker

(Topic created on: 26-08-2023 12:28 PM)
defelilo
Explorer
Options
I cannot believe how the Samsung spellchecker gets worse rather than better. Previously it would make suggestions of misspelled words, now it changes grammar and correct words. Every time I write "well" it changes it to "we'll", "ill" becomes "I'll", "in" or "is" changes to "I". Every time I write "make" it changes it to "male". However there are times I misspell a word and it just leaves it there. So the latest version of the spellchecker doesn't pick-up errors, but changes correct words.
24 REPLIES 24
pacuk01
Apprentice
Options
Where is Auto Spell Check Toggle on s22 ultra
0 Likes
andy41226
Student
Options
My spell check on my Samsung is horrendous
andy41226
Student
Options
Madalink thanks man. Game changer. The Samsung keyboard is by far the worse I've ever had
Jess Vaughn Writes
First Poster
Options

2024 and still the same. I never had this problem before until my husband brought us new phones. I typed welcome and it wrote well taking. I type and, it changes it to aND... every single time!!  There are so many words that I absolutely, undeniably typed correctly and then I will post something and see fifteen words changed to incorrect spellings. How??? Why??? I hate spell check. Turning it off forever. Samsung needs to pay me for correcting their spelling!

Members_zm5WVvl
First Poster
Options

Samsung is really ***** at text. They went for auto correct rather than spell check. Auto correct is *****. Spell something once wrong it will correct to that. The auto correct not fit for purpose and should be deleted xx

0 Likes