Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London Bridge

(Topic created on: 12-03-2024 12:04 PM)
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
These are taken from the S24U. All taken with 12M setting, warm filter (my favourite filter) and the Zoomed ship is taken from the bridge.
The scenery was beautiful, but the camera picked some colours which to my eye made the picture look better. I generally appreciate a bit of enhancement from the camera, rather than the pictures looking plain, although some look more vivid and some more plain, depending on the zoom.
Also I have found a new feature on my gallery, you can make 24 hr time lapse if you press on the 'i' button underneath the picture, and on the left side corner you will have the option to make 24 hr time lapse.
Can't remember all the zooms correctly, but I hope I am right about most of them.

1x 12 MP

10x zoom 12 MP

1 x 12 MP

0.6x (I think) 12 MP

30x zoom 12 MP

10x zoom 12 MP

30x zoom 12 MP

20 REPLIES 20
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Nice, awaiting your 24 hr time lapse 😁

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
It's interesting. I don't know when Samsung has done it. Haven't seen it before.
0 Likes
GeoPan
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for posting these photos and providing my comments on my post about S24U vs S21. On 1st look the photos you took with your S24U looks good but if you zoom slightly in you can see that all details washed out or blended with the background. Barely you can tell are people in those photos, flags etc while with the S21 it may gets more noise but its easily get fixed on phone ,mac or pc and remove the noise and get crystal clear photos but you can't do that on S24U photos
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Whrn you upload a picture on this forum alot of the quality of the picture is going to be affected, i haven't tried to see what you saw after i uploaded the picture, but in my gallery they are not actually so bad.
I am not going to say you are not right. Before the March Update this was a big issue for me, that is why o have said it here in a thread and also I have sent them feedback about it. After the March update the noise has been reduced and some pictures are actually very clear.
Before the update even if I was taking a picture up close when I was zooming in after the picture the details were blending in and there was no detail anymore, now when I take pictures up close and I zoom in after the picture the detail and the fine lines are there.
I have noticed on this phone when taking pictures, good lighting source and zooming play a big part. If you have good light and you don't use the zoom the picture is going to have a lot of detail. The moment when you use the zoom and the light fades, than the detail is going to blend, especially if you use alot of zoom, albeit it's a powerful camera.

Your comments make me wonder if you updated your phone, or if there is a issue with your camera, I don't mean to sound pedantic or anything, having this camera I agree with you quite alot, there is noise in the pictures and details blend in when you zoom in after you take a picture, but not all pictures.

I wonder if it's the AI doing too much processing that is getting this issue, or it's the software that needs to be worked on.

This detail blending in it is something I have noticed on my mirror less camera, which is a midrange one, not an expensive one. The picture looks clear but when you zoom in the detail is going to blend in, but the problem is, this is what I saw with every phone, I don't have PC programs to enhance pictures, I only edit pictures on the phone, and I can't say the detail issue gets substantially better after the edit.

Before the March Update on thus phone, if I took pictures of some fine tree branches and zoomed it, the whole branch would've been made of pixels, bur after the update, it had been resolved and the fine branched look more natural, as well as the Zoomed pictures themselves.
Tbh I have not played with Pro and Expert Raw the same way as with the regular camera, because I wish to use the regular camera to take quality pictures without having to worry to use Pro or Expert Raw unless I want to take professional pictures.

This phone's zoom is a crop picture, I am not very sure what that is, but it doesn't sound like real picture to me, it sounds like a picture is taken first, than cropped in. Not sure how it that possible while you are using the zoom Live and if it can be turned into real picture but I would really appreciate if Samsung can solve this.

I love the camera though, and one reason why I love it it's the colours, I have never had a phone that takes pictures with such sweet and natural colours. Only complaint is that I wish it could take more crystal clear pictures, especially while using the zoom, I hope Samsung will see this with positive eyes.

0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Tbh despite the few obvious problems, I am still very happy with this camera, I just cannot say about it that it's a weak camera in any way, I can say hand on my heart that it's a brilliant camera.
0 Likes
GeoPan
Pathfinder
Options
Hi again. I agreed that after the March update they fix some issues but not the problems. It works better on 12MP but on 50MP and 200MP are not. Taking photos with the 12MP are better than 50MP and 200MP.
As you mentioned when is good light pictures are good but don't forget that they been advertised this phone to take Crystal clear and videos in low light. If you can see taking pictures on 12MP the intelligence optimisation doesn't do anything that is why are better photos if is on low but on 50MP & 200MP it still on that is the difference. That is why not getting the quality because that optimisation not always working in your favour. You can test it yourself buy taking a photo and click on the photo you taken straight away (bottom left of your phone) & you will see. I tested it on hundred of photos and while the photos are clear watching the intelligence optimisation doing its job 90% it ruining the photos. I uploaded screen recording to support month ago and still say when they have update of the issue will let me know. In my opinion if Samsung put a switch to turn off the intelligence optimisation, will fix lots of problems.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Hi again. I fully agree with you there and I hope that Samsung will take action with the following updates. I also want crystal clear pictures and because of the all round experience and the sheer brilliance of the camera, at least, I am quite fully satisfied with this phone and it's camera on the over all experience, I am not going to purchase a different brand and I will stay with Samsung and encourage them to do better, because I know they have the means and the technology to do so.
0 Likes
GeoPan
Pathfinder
Options
Like I mentioned in my posts I am a Samsung fan, I got all the S series of Samsung from S2-S24 plus some A series and older ones, Tablets etc. But I also very honest person and when is a problem with something I do say it. If someone asks me my opinion on this phone I will say the good and the bad things about it. If they want to buy this phone for it's camera I will say wait till they fix the problems or if don't care about the camera is a good phone
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Pretty much the same here, but for me it's a great phone, I would recommend this phone to other people because so far it's the best you can get from a phone in 2024.
0 Likes