Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You must update the a51 5g to one UI 3 this month, March 2021, Samsung! Petition

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 05:36 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

This is just TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.  Samsung has delayed the a51 5g one UI 3.0 update to MAY 2021. YES, MAY 2021. by may, most OEMs would be far along in developing Android 12 for their devices. Yet Samsung can't update its highest end A series in 2020 until then.

And this isn't a question over whether Samsung simply will take that long to develop this firmware, because low and behold, they already have. There are 2 main variants of the a51 5g. There is the Verizon US (sd765g soc) one and the exynos 980 one we get in the UK. Neither is better then the other. However, the sd765g has already completed the rollout. 

You may be thinking, then, but 'maybe the exynos 980 firmware hasn't been developed yet?'. Wrong, again. It has been developed, and has had multiple beta releases in South Korea since DECEMBER 2020. And as I type this, it is on one UI 3.1 there. And it has also been officially released in the US in mid-February - the SM-A516U there uses the Exynos 980 chipset, same as we get in the UK. And that firmware has proven to be very stable. Normally with Samsung phone OS rollouts we see devices with the same processors globally get the update within a very short period of time of each other, such as all the exynos s20s getting android 11 at a similar time or even the a51 4g. However Samsung seems to 'not care' about their highest end A series for 2020, their A series 'role model' in the UK. Which is a real shame, and we need to show them this is unacceptable. Furthermore to this, the a51 5g in most regions is stuck on the October 2020 security patch, which is FIVE MONTHS behind. Samsung promises to update this phone quarterly, or every 3 months. 

If you would like to have a list to the firmwares I have references and check them for yourselves, it's below:

A516B UK firmware one UI 2.5 A516BXXU3BTJ1
This one above is what the a51 5g in the UK has currently.

A516U US (AT&T) firmware 2.5 A516USQU3BTJ4
A516U US (AT&T) firmware 3.0 A516USQU4CUA9
A516U US unlocked firmware 3.0 A516USQU4CUA7

A516B South Korea beta 3.1 A516NKSU3ZUB6
A516B South Korea beta 3.0 A516NKSU3ZTL9

29 REPLIES 29
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I'll be perfectly honestly with you, the initial replies between went completely besides each other.

it doesn't help it takes a million scrolls and refreshes to find out where you are on forum AND in what you're writing.

it's 2021 da** it

have you noticed what samsung is doing year on year? or at least what it looks like they are doing. it's getting very similar on release and operating design compared to a certain fruit missing a bite.

problem being, samsung has not control over the OS aside from a skin and even that is heavily dictated by Google lol.
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
lol yeah
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Qwerty7 ,hi, can you please put the link to the source of your information? Thanks!

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Ok, I will send the sources for the firmware although I will have to re-find them first.
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
unlocked a51 5g android 11 firmware from CheckFirm (this is the same as the firmware issued to the AT&T model and checkfirm is a reputable Samsung firmware checking tool)

Screenshot_20210303-165901_CheckFirm.jpg

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
https://piunikaweb.com/2020/12/23/samsung-galaxy-a51-5g-one-ui-3-0-android-11-beta-reportedly-goes-l...

And here is a link detailing the process of the a51 5g beta in South Korea.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Oops I didn't reply to your question by accident @Ventor
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Qwerty7 ,I was referring to the update schedule,thanks

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes