Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi won't switch on without a restart

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 01:25 PM)
Stuart13
Apprentice
Options

Whenever I lose a wifi connection - by going out of range - wifi switches off. When I try to switch it back on the button goes from grey to a paler blue than usual. I have to restart the phone to turn on wifi.  I never had any such problem with previous phones using stock Android. I'm beginning to regret buying an A33 5G.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Frederiek74
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem on my A33 5G. Though I wasn't aware of the problem being related to losing wifi connection. I can't remember I ever had this problem at home. I think I had it once while visiting a friend. I always have the problem at work. Simply can't use wifi at work because of this. Never had any issues at work with my previous phone. I'm using my new A33 5G for one month now. I also heard some rumour this might be related to Android 13. Is your phone running Android 13?

0 Likes
Stuart13
Apprentice
Options

Yes, mine's on Android 13. Also about a month old. 

0 Likes
TrishDublin
First Poster
Options

I have this problem too. It is really annoying.

0 Likes
IceColdCrash
Journeyman
Options

Same here, not even with a factory reset and apps installed one by one as advised by costumer service, 

Samsung needs to investigate and if this is software related needs to fix it quickly, I don't have unlimited mobile data and what's the point of being at home where I have wifi and without noticing I'm using mobile data! 

Frederiek74
Journeyman
Options

A couple of weeks ago an update of the system software was installed on my phone. After the update, the problem with the wifi on my phone getting stuck, does no longer occur.

Kernel version 5.10.136-android12-9-25898272-abA336BXXU4CWB2

#1 Tue Feb 7 15:56:44 KST 2023

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I had this problem after the 5.1 UI update, but going out of range wasn't the issue. I could tell as the other devices in my home had excellent WIFI connection. It would say "Turning on..." for a while, and automatically turn off. After enough troubleshooting, I figured out that restarting the phone fixed it for a little bit, but the wifi eventually stopped working entirely. Another customer had the phone repaired, and the technician told them that the wifi chip had burned out. I have a hunch it's got something to do with their "intelligent" wifi updates.

Samsung Community Complaints (on this topic specifically):

1. Samsung s21 5g turn on wifi automatically is greyed out and not working - Samsung Community
  2. (1) Re: Wifi switching off itself - Page 3 - Samsung Community
  3. Solved: Samsung J5 2016 Wifi problem - Samsung Community
  4. Wifi won't switch on without a restart - Samsung Community

I'm compiling a list, and this is part of it, now.
0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Exactly~

0 Likes