Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so many phones...!

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 02:07 AM)
nelly13
Journeyman
Options
I bought a Samsung A3 in 2017, small compact phone and still have it today. Each year they released another Series A phone, up to the A9 which packed a lot into it. Then they bring out an A10 which went backwards from the A9. Then within a few years we had A10, A20, etc to A90. Why so many phones which are very similar to each other. Keep it simple...
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Because people are willing to spend the money. If its profitable, they will make it. 🤷
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Even though the phone's may look and perform similar they do tend to have newer chipsets i.e Exynos or Snapdragon in them to keep up with new software demands and features along with other parts inside along with improved glass displays back and front and new materials.

Phone's only receive so many full software updates and Security updates over it's lifespan.

Samsung also need to keep up with the competition and market demand from consumers.

People want the newest phone available sometimes even if the newest phone isn't a vast improvement over it's predecessors.

They want different sizes to suite their tastes and different models with materials such as plastic backs or glass backed phone's to suite a person's budget.

Networks want new models to push and advertise to draw in new contracts and upgrades.

Supply and demand is strong in this sector @nelly13 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "