Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I Am Dumping The A52s

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 05:56 AM)
Mickeybrad
Explorer
Options

I have at the moment an A52s and my boss has just updated my works phone to a Google Pixel 7.  So I thought I would compare them together.   Since upgrading the A52s to One UI5 and Android 13 the A52s is sluggish and won't update the Google Play system updates past October 2022.   So phoned customer services, and they got me to reset the phone now the phone will not update past July 2022 with the Google Play System Updates.   Try and report the bug again to Customer Services and got told that the software is up-to-date and that everything is updated to date, when clearly there is a bug in the system and their customer services are useless and said it was down to mobile phone provider to get the updates.   Sorry it is an unlocked phone which means the updates come straight from the providers Google and Samsung and if there is a bug in the Software that Samsung have released then it needs fixing instead of just palming it off that is stopping me from downloading the Google Play System updates then it needs fixing.  Samsung, if you're going to have somebody on Customer Services, make sure that they know what the customer is talking about, as your customer services didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Now my works phone, out of the box for the Google Pixel 7 it is bog-standard Android 13 which I love, There were loads of updates to the Android system including the December update which let me use the free Google VPN.   Also, the Google Play System Update allowed me to update to the November update, which is the latest update to be released.  It is fast, not buggy, and It is great.

My contract is up this month, and I am thinking of finally dumping Samsung and getting a Google Pixel 7 myself as I am well impressed with them and even still playing around with the Google Pixel 7 (Works phone) to get it the way I want it and haven't picked up the Samsung A52s since.   Bye Bye Samsung, It was nice knowing you as I am going Goggle this month I have decided

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
The phone got to be faulty I've got the A52s 5G and got the latest update and my phone fine
0 Likes
Mickeybrad
Explorer
Options

I took it to my local Samsung Shop in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and even they are saying that it was up-to-date and that there wasn't, nothing wrong with the phone that was until I got my works phone out and showed them that there was the latest update for the Google System Update which is November 2022.   They still tried to say that July 2022's Google System Update was the latest version, sorry if their shop and customer services are saying that it is up-to-date when it ain't then Samsung has a bug in the software with some of their products and that is not good for me as I like my phones to be very up-to-date.  So it looks like I am switching to Google myself at the end of the month.

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It is a bug, I'm also stuck on July security patch. Yet my partners is on October. Same phone s21 ultra. I put it down to being a beta tester. That's all I've done different to my partner. Had a few updates but still seems to be on July. I've sent an error report and still waiting to hear back to what they say. But the latest is not July 22
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In terms of   speed issues wiping  cache partition and Repairing  apps  From Recovery Menu can help.   It is also good practice following software updates and wiping the partition deletes temporary files but keeps Data intact.

in any case comparing the A52's to Google pixel 7 is not really comparing like for like,pixel will better memory,processing speed and resolution.

However in terms of similar price range  Samsung Devices perform well,S21 FE actually a bit cheaper and matches well in this analysis.  https://nanoreview.net/en/phone-compare/samsung-galaxy-s21-fe-5g-vs-google-pixel-7  There are though more premium Samsung  devices which are strong performers if a bit more expensive.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes