Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my new SIM in galaxy not show phone number. It says Unknown number

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 04:49 PM)
lesb
Journeyman
Options
In device it doesn't register my number or in SIM settings. How can this be rectified
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Make sure the SIM ain't damaged and inserted correctly 😉.
lesb
Journeyman
Options
It isn't damaged and it's inserted into SIM 1. My phone's working, it just doesn't show the number on device settings or SIM in settings
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
You said it was a new sim... is this a new fresh sim, new number sim?

Or is it a replacement sim for your old number?

May take some time to auto update.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can you confirm that the number is active, has anyone called you on it? (Assuming you know what the number is meant to be)
0 Likes
lesb
Journeyman
Options
Yes number is active. It's a new 3 SIM because I upgraded my package, and it's a new A42 from Samsung
0 Likes
lesb
Journeyman
Options
It's a fresh SIM from 3 with my existing number that I've had since they were like house bricks
0 Likes
lesb
Journeyman
Options
3 are blaming Samsung.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I see, then it's likely the SIM Card number data was not updated or registered. You can update the number manually, unfortunately I don't know any Samsung phones which are capable of doing this using the phones basic application tools. Some dual sim phones are capable of updating the SIM Cards number (the one shown in software) via their SIM management tools, for example I have a P30 Pro dual SIM phone which I'm able to change my SIM number on. It's just a case of finding a device capable of such.
lesb
Journeyman
Options
This is a dual SIM, at the moment I only have one SIM in it.
0 Likes