Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find already saved WiFi passwords on my Galaxy A12

(Topic created on: 28-06-2022 06:32 PM)
Simon88874
Apprentice
Options
Where and how can I see my WiFi connection passwords that I've saved on my Galaxy A12. My landlady has gone away so I can't get into the bit where the router is. I already log in automatically however I need password so I can get my laptop working. But can't see any of my saved passwords but only the networks. 
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Simon88874: The passwords won't be visible in Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi once they have been entered, I'm afraid. If you're able to automatically connect to the Wi-Fi on your A12, why not use it as a hotspot to connect your laptop by heading to Settings > Connections > Mobile hotspot and tethering > Mobile hotspot > On > Make a note of the 'Network name'. Now, on your laptop, select the hotspot from the list of available connections, and you can use this as a workaround until your landlady returns. I hope this helps. 

Simon88874
Apprentice
Options
Thanks I'm trying that but need a security key on laptop. I'm looking on Google but the info there giving me is not matching up to my phone.. After setting up hot spot Google is saying to make a password but on my phone I have no option for this?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Simon88874: When you enable the hotspot on your A12, the password should be visible towards the top of the screen, below the network name. For more information, please take a look at the 'How to configure a Mobile Hotspot' section via the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-and-configure-a-mobile-hotspot-on...

Simon88874
Apprentice
Options
I managed to do it the end. As all I did was change the hotspot password as I just used the original one that came with the phone. Even though I've had the phone a good 3 yrs now I've never had to use hit spot. But thanks for all you guys for being supportive and patient. Until next time God Bless you all..