Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Google Photos app instead of stock gallery on A52s 5G

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 05:23 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

why does it feel like Samsung wants to push its apps rather than let you choose other android apps? 

So, I like the camera on my A52s 5G - but I like the Google Photo's app better than the Samsung Stock gallery viewer or what it is (the one with bixby) one of the things I like about the google photo's app is the ability straight away from the app to chromecast to my TV, nice and simple. 

So I have been trying to find a way to change the default gallery to google photos app so that when i use the A52 stock camera and then press on the photo to immediately  view it / chromecast it with the google photos app it always opens up with the samsung photo viewer app - how do i get it to open up in Google Photos by default please.? 

Then force number 2 - the way you cannot remove Samsung TTS speech settings . I have downloaded Google TTS speech settings , I dont want to use the Samsung one ... but samsung wont let you remove it (well not without rooting the phone it seems , unless someone can tell me how?) so now I have the 2 TTS and i think my shout out loud apps (shouts out phone numbers and message) it says it first in US English and then the second announcement is in UK English (which is what I want) and i have the Google TTS set to UK English accent , and i am sure if I could delete the Samsung TTS altogether off the phone it would just use the Google TTS and speak in UK English (yes I have the apps set up to UK English as well for the TTS) on my previous phone (Xiaomi Note 6 Pro) that only had 1 TTS app on it which was Google TTS (configured for UK English) and that always read out my apps in UK English. 

Any hints / ideas please on both issues? 
Thanks.

#A52s #TTS #Google #Google Photos #Camera

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
If you want to set google photos as your default gallery go settings Apps Gallery click set as default and select the gallery as default if you have Google photos installed 😊
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks for your reply - I have Google Photos set as default and it does not work. When I take a photo with the A52s stock camera and then click on the photo bottom left to view it, it still opens up with the Samsung viewer (with bixby etc..) thats what I mean , even though I set Google Photos as default photo app / gallery app it still forces the samsung app on me

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Have you tried hiding the Gallery app?

Edit, just re-read your post, not sure you can amend the Camera viewer app?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You can't change Gallery to Photos as a default. They are different apps with different purposes. Gallery is just an app that finds ALL pics and video on your device whether in the photos folder and other folders.

0 Likes