Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update on A71 - lost shortcut to apps on front screen

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 09:36 AM)
Debbie7
First Poster
Options

I've had an update on my A71 last night and now it appears that I have lost the little icon that used to be at the bottom right of my front screen where I could access all of my apps like WhatsApp, BBC Sounds. Anything that I had downloaded off the Google Play store. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried restarting but that has no effect. I have open up each app through the settings menu which is obviously not ideal.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Snowy52
First Poster
Options
I have had the same problem after the software up date. I can get to the Apps through Settings, but cannot get them to download to the opening screens.
0 Likes
zulf
Navigator
Options
do you mean the app buttons?
0 Likes
Liamò
Explorer
Options
Hi there, I have a solution for you:

You can access the the ″All Apps Screen″ or ″App Drawer″ by swiping up anywhere on your home screen.

If you don't like this, you can re-enable the ″All Apps″ button by:

1) Pinching on your home screen/holding down on a blank area and touching ″Home screen settings″,

2) Then look for the option that says ″Apps button″ and enable it.

Note: The swipe up gesture is accessible even with the button enabled on One UI 2.5.

You can also access search at any time from the search bar at the top of your ″recent apps″ screen, this makes it easier than looking for apps in settings.

Hope this helped you.
0 Likes