Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to unlock galaxy a50

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 05:46 PM)
Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

Hi

My sons a50 is locked and we cannot access anything.  It is not registered on Find my phone and we have tried to complete a factory reset numerous times.   Sim works in another phone so no issue there; both factory pins not accepted, Google account up and running too.  Absolutely at my wits end.  Please help.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you know the phone needs to be connected to a PC to enter recovery?

View solution in context

Solution
Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

thank you to all for your help.  We managed to get into the phone once it was connected to a laptop.  linked it to samsung account now so hopefully will be ok.

kindest regards

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Frustrated parent. What kind of lock is it on the phone do you know? Is there any error message? 

0 Likes
Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

it asks for the pin number, however it will not unlock with the correct one, or the default ones.

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options
Some devices provide you with a backup unlock method. Is there an alternative unlock method available?

0 Likes
Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

we have tried different combinations of the power and volume buttons and still no access.  default pins dont work either.

0 Likes
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

Is there a Samsung account linked to this phone? If so, try unlocking the phone via Find my Mobile: https://findmymobile.samsung.com

Log into the Samsung account and click 'Locate My Device'. Once located, click 'Unlock My Screen'. Change your lock screen security to something other than the unlock type you currently have.

Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

the phone is not linked to a samsung account as my son did not set it up. i dont know what else to try.

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you know the phone needs to be connected to a PC to enter recovery?
Solution
Frustrated parent
Journeyman
Options

thank you to all for your help.  We managed to get into the phone once it was connected to a laptop.  linked it to samsung account now so hopefully will be ok.

kindest regards

scotty82447
Navigator
Options
That's great there is nothing worse when your phone is playing up ur son will stop doing your nut in now he as is phone back you know what there like there lost without it lol