Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two A40's one Smart Switch, can SS differentiate between them

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 05:33 PM)
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

My wife is using my old S3 but I am thinking of buying her an A40 the same as mine in a different colour in the hope it will be less confusing for both of us. Mostly me. I would be using SS on one PC. Can SS differentiate between two A40's and not mix up her and my contacts and settings, apps etc !?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@jbafalcon: Smart Switch should be able to differentiate between the 2 phones backups. If not, when you backup your A40, it will take you to a screen saying 'Your Backup has Been Completed' - at this stage please make a note of the 'Backup Date and Time', and the 'Backed Up From' information. When you come to restore the data, click on 'Select Your Backup Data' and choose the relevant device and backup date/time form the drop down at the top of the screen. The device name should be different, however if not the date and time will be your key identifier. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
jbafalcon
Explorer
Options

Hello Andrew.

Thank you for your reply, I agree SS should be able to differentiate two A40's however that would only be confirmed, or not, after I have purchased the second phone, I must admit that connecting my A40 to SS, SS gives it a rather odd identification. I cannot remember what it was but looked very odd. If I can be certain of it seeing two different phones then fine but if not her and my appointments could get mixed up. I do use Outlook, she does not and I wonder what the Sync would do.

I would like to keep her phone rather basic as she has a habit of just hit and hope which usually means she has changed settings or even deleted something she should not have done!

I am thinking maybe an A30 or A20 would be a better bet, maybe less functions but similar to the A40 in operation?

0 Likes