Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden battery drain

(Topic created on: 06-03-2024 08:16 PM)
Chelle111
Student
Options

I've had an A71 and a watch 4 for over 3 years, all fine until today, when the battery on both items have drained in a couple of hours. There have been no system updates that I can tell and no new app installations. Any idea what is causing the problem on both devices?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sometimes the information in your Device Care Section under Battery can show what's happening @Chelle111 

Make sure your phone's software is updated along with your apps. 

A person can also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. { Repair Apps may not be availableto the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Series of phone's. } 

And Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_AY968gm
First Poster
Options

Thanks. I've tried this but the problem persists. According to my battery usage, Samsung Cloud and Samsung Cloud Platform Manager has used more battery in the last couple of hours than it has in the last week, but I don't seem to be able to disable it. Could a silent update have caused this? I wasn't even aware this was running until now, but see no way to stop it.

0 Likes
inetbas
Journeyman
Options

I tried all sofar and it didn't solve it:

1. In Safemode all fine 2 Tried to stop of kill: Samsung Cloud Services, Outlook, Playstore, Chrome

2. The mentioned apps as suggested suspects. But some you can't simply kill

3. There is in battery history not a good indidcation of the real suspect.

I also have work profile for my work which I can't simply remove without a lenghty process to get this back turned on an authenticated.

SAMSUNG if you are reading this fix this please ASAP.  my mobile is now a wired phone instead of a mobile.

0 Likes
inetbas
Journeyman
Options

It could be an early call. But as the issue started mystriously 3-weeks ago. While last night my A71  was still running warm and consuming battery like hell.
This morning I found my A71 , at the overnight charger, feeling normal cool again and the battery power lifespan back to normal. Hence no draining.

Although this feels like a relief. It naggs me as technical person not being able to tell or pin to a root cause. It came suddenly, I tried everything to mitigate the battery drain, it went away suddenly. 

0 Likes