Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Galaxy A21s with Sim card with no internet access

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 05:39 PM)
Elfranco01
First Poster
Options

We got an A21 for our daughter as a Christmas present, but when trying to set it up it gets to the connection screen but no further as the sim card is telephone only and there is no option to set up the phone with WiFi yet. Is there any way to set up the phone without an internet enabled sim? Seems like a really bad design feature as we want to keep control of the internet use both via Google and our routers network features.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The phone has to be connected to WiFi to set it up which will include creating Google and Samsung accounts as well as updating installed apps to current versions.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

One of the first steps is connecting to a Wi-Fi source @Elfranco01 

Has the Wi-Fi toggle been turned on in the phone and is your Home Broadband Wi-Fi discoverable.

To add these phone's do need Mobile Data Connection to work at it's best for apps, Notifications and Internet access.

Phones have data limit settings to curb excessive usage if that's a concern and some networks have Network apps that also have data limit caps and content controls to stop access of adult type sites.

Some networks also offer Pay As You Go type accounts.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes