Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card and apps

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 02:00 PM)
ChiChi3
First Poster
Options

I tried adding the SD and then I went to make it internal storage. As far as I know, it accepted it. Then I want to transfer apps to the SD card but not a single one would transfer. There's just no button to transfer it with. Does anyone know if this is a glitch, an SD card issue, or just overall not something it will do? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Chickenlips59
First Poster
Options
I have sd card but don't know how to put pics on.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
some apps can't be moved from internal storage to so card but I'm thinking if u have made the sd card part of the internal storage then u wouldn't be able to move apps to it because u can't move apps from internal storage to internal storage I think that's what it is
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ChiChi3 

Go into settings , apps, choose the app your thinking of moving , storage and if you have the option there to move the app then your phone has that facility.

If it's not there then your phone model unfortunately does not have the option.

You can't move baked in stock apps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ChiChi3: I recommend following the steps provided by @BandOfBrothers, however, for the most part, the majority of applications cannot be stored externally. 

@Chickenlips59: You can set your phone up to be the default storage location for photos captured in the Camera app. To do this, open the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol  > Storage Location > SD card. To move photos to an SD card, head to Apps > Samsung (folder ) > My Files > Images > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit > Select the images you want to move > Tap 'Move' at the bottom of the screen > SD Card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes