Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 13-11-2019 09:24 AM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
UserP
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone. When the auto download is off, you decide which photos to download. If the media visibility is disabled, you won't see it in the gallery, but it's in your phone in a different place:

Internal storage>Android>media>com.whatsapp>WhatsApp>Media>WhatsApp Images>Private

And then you can copy/move the pics wherever you want (or create a shortcut of this folder in your home page).

The easiest way to find this folder is go to Samsung "My Files" and simply search for "WhatsApp" (and then manually browse to that folder I mentioned) or search for "private" (you may get more than one search result but it's easy enough to find the one for images, for example looking at the date and time).

No need for any third party app!

Enjoy!

0 Likes
UserP
First Poster
Options

P.S. In addition to my last reply: The only thing that is achieved by turning media visibility off is to prevent that the photos/videos are seen by someone in the gallery i.e. improve privacy. Some people here think that having it off means that the media is not saved in the phone, but that is incorrect. Whatever you see on the screen is somewhere in the phone, so you are not saving space. You are simply hiding it.

0 Likes
Nathan010592
First Poster
Options

Just another frustrated iphone to samsung switcher that wants to give his opinion... 1000 euro+ phone but not able to be selective on what media you want to directly download  into a nice and organised gallery,... what a huge fail is this?! Sort it out! Whoever is capable of solving this...

0 Likes
Gustav0
Apprentice
Options

Yup.  Small things like these makes me miss my iPhone so much.  Other thing I found very frustrating is when I am trying to send media I see suggested contacts that I have only e-mailed once or maybe a long time ago and there is no way yo delete those suggestions that come first instead of more frequently contacted people.  No doubt I will switch back to iPhone as soon as my mobile carriers let me get a new phone if this is not fixed.

0 Likes
New21
First Poster
Options

Hello, I came across this thread when I have the same issue (moved to samsung from iphone a week ago) 

Apologies if you are already aware but there is the option to save all media to your gallery in the whats app App itself if you go to settings and chats and show newly downloaded images. Then all the images appear in your gallery whats app album, you can move to your camera roll. Obviously you would have to delete any pics that you didn't want but that seems easier to me than all the work arounds. Agree samsung need to sort this out!

0 Likes