Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 13-11-2019 09:24 AM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
Gustav0
Apprentice
Options

Hey did you find a solution on this?  I have the same problem with WhatsApp and the outlook app and It is so so frustrating

0 Likes
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't find any solution by Samsung. But alternatively if you install cx file explorer, we can save it in the phone.

Install cx file explorer.

Select the pic we want to save

Click on share

In the available options to share select cx file explorer 

and save it in the phone

Dani B
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, I also switched from apple and Loving my new S21 phone, But this is really frustrating, it should be a basic function to save  incoming photos to the gallery, when I click the 3 dots on whatsapp it gives me the option to "view in Gallery" but only to Share, not to save. I have read online forums saying I should hold my finger on the image and a save option will pop up but it doesn't work. Anyone figured this out? Samsung Mobile are you addressing this issue? is it a glitch in the OS? 

0 Likes
KATHLEEN71
First Poster
Options

I have used the 'share' button on the media, then quickly shared it to a feed or story in my Instagram (whereafter deleting it) and then all the media is showing in the instagram folder. Bit complicated, but if you really need it , it works.

0 Likes
leaaa
First Poster
Options

i think the fastest way is to screenshot the image you want to save, save a lot of time and effort, tho i'm sure the quality might drop

0 Likes
Nightflame
Explorer
Options

Ah, modern GUI/OS and basic missing features. Happens all the time 😞

Easiest way is to install a decent File Manager (like FX, but plenty others available). Really useful for lots of other things, not just this.

Then long press, Share, and select "Save As" which should have the FX icon. Rename it to something.jpg and save.

0 Likes
victor_vhv
First Poster
Options

I also ran against this very unintuitive problem.

You can install an app such as "Image Saver" from the play store, which will will save the image if you select share (3 dots top menu) and then choose "Image Saver". It will be then in storage, directory Pictures/Saved (should appear in your gallery by default.

Here's the link to the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saver.photoandvideosaver

(I like this app better, rather than a file manager where you have to select where to save, etc)

0 Likes
Members_TzGqwcJ
First Poster
Options

I have just switched from Apple to Samsung S21. On Apple you can definite save individual photos or videos, so I think this is an Android issue.

I have read through the above but whenever I try to share, I get an error message and cannot share the picture! Any suggestions? I find it hard to believe they make it so difficult to save individual pictures

0 Likes
Gustav0
Apprentice
Options

I wonder if Samsung will take action to resolve this.  It seems such an easy quick fix.  

Does anyone know if there is a way to escalate this to samsung??

Raittu
First Poster
Options

Hello!
So I've been having this issue too. Other people have already mentioned this solution, but I thought I would make a detailed step-by-step list for you. Here are the steps you can take to move it in to your gallery:

1. Navigate to the app called "my files", select "Internal storage"

2. Select the folder called "whatsapp" there

3. Select the folder "media"

4. Then select the folder "whatsapp images"

5. Then select the folder "private", in this folder you should be able to see all the pictures sent to you on WhatsApp

6. Select the pictures you want to show up in your gallery, then at the bottom you should see a button called "move", this allows you to move these pictures to a different folder within your phones storage.

7. After you have clicked the button to move, simply click back until you find the folder you want to move them to. I suggest going all the way back to internal storage and moving them into the folder called "Pictures".

8. Once you've navigated to the folder you want to move the pictures to, simply click move here and you're done!

Hope that helps! You can also use this method to clean out some pictures you might not want to be saved on your phone, even if they don't come up in your gallery, they take up storage space on your phone if they're in the WhatsApp media folder.

0 Likes