Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Keyboard not working correctly

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 05:28 PM)
Anglotiger
Student
Options

A few days ago, after about a year of use, my Samsung Keyboard (5.4.70.16) on my Galaxy A32 5G phone started behaving bizarrely. 

When typing, alternate characters (seemingly randomly) will sometimes show up instead of the character I entered.  The alternate characters are for the key that I pressed, but I didn't hold the key too long - I just typed normally.  I've tried resetting the keyboard, turning off the alternate characters entirely (well, when I looked they were already turned off) etc, but nothing seems to work.

This seems to happen ever 6-7 characters that I enter, so it's a real problem.

Please advise...

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anglotiger
Student
Options

I might have solved my own problem, although I'm not sure how...

As I mentioned, the alternate characters were already turned off - but I could still see them on the keyboard.  I went into the settings, turned them on and then off again, then restarted the phone.  That seems to have fixed it - they no longer appear on the keys.

I don't understand how they got turned on, why the settings said they were off when they were on, or why I had to restart the phone after toggling back and forth in the settings to "fix" it - but, hopefully, posting this might help others with the same issue.

John T54
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem, and I may have a different solution.  I had enabled the Spanish keyboard, so I could flip between that and English, and the keyboard issue only started after I did that.  I disabled the Spanish, restarted the phone, and it seems as if the problem might have gone away.  I'll need to do more typing to be sure, but this may another thing to try.

0 Likes