Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet Browser not compatible

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 07:27 PM)
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Why do I get the "not compatible"- message, when trying to update the Samsung Internet Browser app on my Galaxy tablet?

Tried reinstalling, but doesn't work. 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply.

I definitely looked like a fault fro  Samsungs end.

What to do? Is it just to await Samsung to solve the problem?

0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

Have you tried updating from within the Samsung Internet app itself? Settings > About Samsung Internet, then it checks for updates and gives the option to update if it finds one.

0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Yes, tried that as well.

It says, there's an update, and if I click the update button, it'll redirect me to Google Play, where it says, that the app is no longer available for my device.

So it won't let me update.

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

What does it say when you try to update through the Galaxy Store?

0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

There it doesn't even say that there's an update available.

I'm only given the option to uninstall or open.

In Galaxy Store, it's still version 16 that's available. The new version is called 17.

Maybe that's why I'm not given the option to update through there.

In Google Play it's version  17, but there I'm given the message, that the app is no longer available for my device. 

As another one says, it must be a fault in Samsungs end.

He has the same experience after an Android update, as I do.

0 Likes
SupaSibs
Apprentice
Options

I had this same problem yesterday as well on mu phone M31s  and sent an e mail to the developer.  But I didn't receive a reply yet. Any luck with you?

MartinAun
Explorer
Options

No luck yet.

0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

Well it seems like some weird issue is taking place because yesterday on my A71 the app manager reported that the version of Samsung Internet that I had installed was version 17.0.1.69 but on both the Galaxy Store & the Play Store the last updated version was listed as version 16.2.6.6.

Now today both stores are reporting the correct latest version.

MateusLeme
Apprentice
Options

This is also happening in my tab A7... When I press "update" they redirect me to the play store instead of the galaxy store. But even in the galaxy store is telling me that the app is not compatible. But then I tried updating my Galaxy A01 and it worked perfecly, version 17.0.1 instaled. Pretty sure its Samsung's fault, they will probably fix with an update. Just have to wait 😕

peanutbrittle
Student
Options

galaxy a12, The Samsung browser V17 is unable to update on Android OS V11. the play store says no lo ger compatible, the Samsung app store doesn't have an update available, even though the browser says there is an update available. not sure where the error is lying if on Google or Samsung side. haven't had response from Samsung yet

0 Likes