Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health not displaying (some) historic step counts

(Topic created on: 08-06-2023 09:59 AM)
arfurdaley
Apprentice
Options

Evening,

I've just noticed in the last few days that the Samsung Health app on my A41 isn't showing all historic step counts. It seems to be okay until about late February 2023, then I (apparently) have days where I have done ridiculously low amounts, which is not correct as I walk a lot every day.

Yet if I got into the Daily Activity it shows (for example) over 90 minutes worth of activity with something like 59 steps?

I've included a few screenshots to explain what I'm seeing.
Is anyone else getting the same thing? Yes it shows in the Daily Activity bit that I've walked for 90 minutes or whatever - but that's not really the point - it should be showing all the historic step counts as well, just like it used to.

Thanks in advance :smiling-face:Screenshot_20230608-204936_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20230608-204945_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20230608-205148_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20230608-205209_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Is there any changes to how you wear the watch? (this is in relation to step count)

Generally Galaxy watch is very poor with Treadmill running /walking etc

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

If the sync is on for Samsung Health, you could try clearing data in Settings > Apps > Samsung Health > Storage

Note that, without the sync on, you will lose all the data in SH, once the data is deleted.

0 Likes
arfurdaley
Apprentice
Options

Thanks both for your replies. I should clarify this isn't a watch, it's just my A41 in my pocket which is measuring my steps.

Neo001 - I think you may have solved it. I (accidentally) cleared the cache on my Samsung Health app a few days ago, thinking that my step counts will still be obtained, as they would be stored under data, not the cache. However I may have been wrong, although it seems odd it would delete some steps on some days but not others? Why not the whole lot?

Is there any way to restore this from a historic backup? The last resync (which I always have activated) was this morning.

0 Likes