Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A70 Front Camera Broken

(Topic created on: 20-08-2020 02:28 AM)
OwenJakobsen
First Poster
Options

Hello, slight problem that I've searched a soloution for everywhere, however no luck, I have now tried everything.

So a quick summary. Both cameras (front and back, all worked fine. No notable changes too my phones performance, didn't download anything dodgy or damage my phone by dropping it etc. However one day, i was using the app 'Discord' And was using my front camera as a webcam, however when i disconnected my phone from the call, my front camera made a clicking sound and just stopped working, when i try to use it, it just freezes my phone until i close the app i am using the camera in until i go back in the app and rotating the camera, tried everything suggested to me, even factory resetted phone, cleared cash, tried everything. I am aware this may be a hardware issue however it doesn't make sense to me why this would happen if i didn't do anything to my phone except leave a call (my back camera sometimes temporarily breaks until i reset the app afew times.

The phone was around a year old when the camera broke, so it shouldn't be breaking this soon and im not due a new phone for a while

Would really appreciated some support. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
OwenJakobsen
First Poster
Options

Quick update, i did a hardware test on my front camera and it was fully black saying

"FRONT AP HDR AUTO"

0 Likes
veebe
First Poster
Options
my A70 has camera too poor to focus. often need to move round to see something else then point to the subject you want to capture! by that time you may miss the moment. not made to take picture of live characters... may be still objects with delay and tweaking to focus.
hate it. regrets of changing from S7 to A70...!
0 Likes