Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A54 can't find any system updates

(Topic created on: 19-08-2023 03:02 PM)
A54User
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have a very irritating and probably unique problem with my Samsung Galaxy A54 and I would really appreciate your help. It's still on the first ever version of system made for it, but if I try to search for a software update, it doesn't find any, despite the fact that for this phone are released around 4 updates if I remember correctly. Even in Security and privacy in settings I get a suggestion to update my phone. I tried many things:

• Writing a support message in Samsung Members (I was told to use Smart Switch or to call the call center);
  • Using Smart Switch to update (it says I'm already on the latest version);
  • Calling the call center in my country (the person I spoke to checked some software information and in the end told me there's no problem and I didn't get the updates because they don't roll out in the same time for all users, which is something I thought about before trying anything, but not believed because I missed too many updates so that it's about different times of rolling out; as a reference, this phone was released on March 24 and I am still on the first version as of today, 19.08.2023);
  • Deleting the data of the app that searches for the updates (it's called "System update") using adb on my PC (you can't normally do that, because the option is grayed out in the settings);
  • Deleting the cache partition from recovery;
  • (I edited the post because I forgot to mention this) Booted in safe mode and tried to update from there;
  • Ultimately, doing a factory reset.

And no result. I didn't try to flash the stock rom using Odin or Heimdall, because I don't want to risk bricking my phone or lose the warranty, so this method is out of discussion. Does anyone have this problem (not necessary with my phone model, it can be any Samsung phone that was not released too long ago)? Do you have any other ideas on how to solve this problem?

Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

Security and privacySecurity and privacy

System updateSystem update

Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
JBob1
Journeyman
Options

Yes, seems in Germany they only have main center in largest cities, e.g. Koeln, Frankfurt and Berlin. Maybe they have contracts with providers in other cities. I need to check with support next week. Sending in the phone is not really an option.

0 Likes
Rxb
Journeyman
Options

Finally, a possible SOLUTION is here (at least that worked on mine).

Download Smart Switch BOTH for your PC and you phone, connect them.

Follow update instructions: It'll download a huge new update file about 6 GB and update your mobile. More importantly the the baseband and build numbers all changed.

Have success and a great day!

JBob1
Journeyman
Options

Thank you Rxb for info & description! The update worked also for my A54. Will see if upcoming updates now installed automatically.

0 Likes
Rxb
Journeyman
Options

Update: This method is only a partial solution: the phone does not find updates by itself, you have to go through the above process if you want to update.

What an absurd thing: How could a big name like Samsung come out with such an undeveloped device like this. And now there is UI6, with many annoying "improvements"...

KaUwu
Student
Options

Hi there, 

Did you find any solution that worked for searching updates without needing SmartSwitch? I'm also experiencing this problem, and it's unfortunate that I have to guess when an update is available.

0 Likes