Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A50 Phone Screen Display Bug

(Topic created on: 29-05-2019 11:13 PM)
CristianGabriel
Pioneer
Options

Hello since I bought my A50 (yesterday) I have a weird bug/issue:

When the screen is turned off and I press randomly with my fingers on the screen it turns on to lock screen, same happens if i hold my phone in my hand on another position.

Please Samsung fix this bug/issue with a fix update

This happens randomly and most of the time

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

This isn't a bug or so it's a feauture since android Pie with One Ui was released.
You can turn those functions off in the settings app.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ

View solution in context

Solution
TracyR
Options

As @Lykia has mentioned, this isn't a bug with your phone, it's a feature of the software.

😀

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Lykia
MegaStar
Options

This isn't a bug or so it's a feauture since android Pie with One Ui was released.
You can turn those functions off in the settings app.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
CristianGabriel
Pioneer
Options

it's not since settings are default it could be a bug but not hardware because the phone is new

0 Likes
Solution
TracyR
Options

As @Lykia has mentioned, this isn't a bug with your phone, it's a feature of the software.

😀

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

CristianGabriel
Pioneer
Options

it was double tap to wake and lift to wake sorry

SMG555
First Poster
Options

I bought A50s. There are many problems. The two switches to be pushed simultanously are put on the same side making it difficult to 1) take screen shot 2) shut the phone off or restart.

Volume key is unnecessarily shifted to right side making it most inconvenient to us. This is useless phone

Meet99
Apprentice
Options

So what should I do to make my phone to stop flickering,it's getting more and more frustrating,As i am not able to use my phone properly

0 Likes
Meet99
Apprentice
Options
So what am I supposed to do to make my a50 to stop flickering
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Meet99: Please try performing a Soft Reset on the A50 by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. If the problem persists, dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Red, Green and Blue from the series of options and check to see if the flicker continues. If it does then I would suggest taking your phone to a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer will be able to inspect the device for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

The standard warranty covers software and hardware defects, however if the engineer deems your issue to be the result of physical/liquid damage or an unauthorised modification, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service.
0 Likes
Meet99
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for replying,I had a chat with samsung's human assistant she asked me to force restart my phone,open it in safe mode and data factory reset too,but none of them worked out for me so she asked to check wether my phone's firmware was updated or not i immedeately checked it and it was not updated so after i updated my phone the issue was gone