Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A32 5G 64GB Discussion

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 08:52 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Just would like to know the pros and cons of this phone in general, as well as in comparison with the Samsung Galaxy A41 64GB. So far what I found was; 
- CPU is better on A32 (unsure about this...)
- Screen resolution and display is trash on A32.
- Battery is better (a bit unsure about this, due to CPU and poor screen display, which can actually cancel out the bigger battery duration? If so, then another downside would be that it takes ages to charge to 100%.)
- Camera is great on A32.
- Chunky phone than the A41, which I see as a negative.
- A41; £269.99. A32 5G; £249.99

Can anyone tell me of a better Samsung/OPPO alternative to the Samsung Galaxy A41? The phone alternative has to be available from Currys.
11 REPLIES 11
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
CPU and performance is noticiably better on a32 5g than a41, due to the dimensity 720 instead of helio p65. CPU is a significant jump and GPU goes from a Mali g52 mp2 to a g57 mc3 which includes more cores and is 2 generations newer. And the a32 5g gets android updates for longer (up till android 13 not 12) as it's newer.

Camera hardware on both is identical aside from the a41 lacking the macro, but due to the better soc and ISP the a32 will take slightly better images, supports 4k video and stuff like slow motion as well from what I know while the a41 doesn't. Battery is also better on the a32 5g, due to the larger cell and low Res display however the a41 still has good battery.

A41s main advantage is the display, 1080p oled while the a32 5g has a 720p tft LCD - pretty low end display with mediocre response times. Even the a22 5g has a much higher quality, brighter, 90hz 1080p LCD. The a22 5g is actually quite comparable to the a32 5g aside from the better display, but it does have a 5mp ultrawide instead of 8mp and has one UI core instead of full one UI so may miss out on some features such as good lock.

Overall, I'd say a41 over a32 5g for display, a32 5g for eveyrhting else.

However, I wouldn't reccomend either at that price from Currys. They have the oppo find X2 lite for £199 which is much better than either of these, fullhd amoled screen like a41, and similar screen size to a32 5g but slimmer bezels and weighs a lot less (180g Vs 205g). Also has the snapdragon 765g processor, a noticiable step up from the d720 in the a32 and it obliterates the p65 in the a41. This phone was £400 last year and that too pretty good value there so at £199 it's an absolute no brainer from Currys imo. https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-broadband-and-sat-nav/mobile-phones-and-accessories/mobile-phon...

plus oppo software over the last year has come leaps and bounds and it's pretty good imo, nearly up there with one UI
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Wow, that Oppo phone is such a great recommendation! I'm definitely going to have a good look at that.

I just wanted to know though, which cpu and gpu is better for faster device performance; the A32 5G or the A22 5G?
0 Likes