Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A31 touch issue

(Topic created on: 08-09-2021 03:06 PM)
Anirban A31
Student
Options

Hlw Guys,

My Samsung Galaxy A31 has stopped working on landscape mode.

It's working properly on portrait mode and normal mode. But whenever I try to play any game or watch any YouTube videos it starts to have no response on the touch screen.

This incident happened recently after updating the new System Update

Plz Sir/Ma'am try to help us all having this type of problems.

45 REPLIES 45
vanshgaint
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I talked to Samsung customer care, and reset app preferences and all settings as instructed by the person talking to me on the other end. My phone restarted after the reset, the problem still persisted. 

So far I have tried:

1. cleaning my screen using a screen gel and a cloth

2. cleared the cache partitions by going into recovery mode

3. rebooted the phone uncountable times

After doing everything that I could, I finally talked to another person from Samsung Care on WhatsApp, and he advised me to go to a service center. So, today I visited the center in Patiala. 

The woman on the other side of the glass barrier took my phone, looked at it, listened to me and said that they can try by replacing the display of the screen which would cost me INR 4800 or she could "update" my phone  for INR 240 which would erase all my data, which I don't really get how that works, because isn't it essentially just a factory reset? 

Well, yeah. I have tried everything. All I can do now is wait, I guess.

Update: Factory reset my phone. Still, to no avail. Called a customer care executive again, and finally, the conclusion is that this is a software bug from Samsung, and not a hardware issue or a 3rd party app issue, therefore, I don't have to worry about getting a very expensive display for the phone. 

Moreover, the person on the other side of the phone said that he will write down my feedback, and hopefully, a fix is included in the next update. 

0 Likes
Mixzy
First Poster
Options

I've updated my Samsung A31 for Security patch level: jan 1 2022. But the touching issue is still there.. please fixed it.

0 Likes
Mixzy
First Poster
Options

Please Samsung fixed it.

0 Likes
Kathrynne
Journeyman
Options

It's gotten worse. Back then, there were days where it worked and days where it didn't but now it's just permanently stuck to this bug on Landscape mode.

So whatever they did, they just made it worse.

Touchscreen technology has been around for more than 10 years already, yet the most basic ability to "actually use the ***** thing properly" is still an issue.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I've had this problem on and off nearing a year now and it just feels so hopeless.

0 Likes
Shambhav Chhetri
First Poster
Options

Same here for my a31.Please samsung look into this issue.

0 Likes
Mixzy
First Poster
Options

I hope it will be fixed in Android 12

0 Likes
Duke0064
First Poster
Options

Guys I should believe it has to do with either software or hardware but I'm also force to believe it's a deliberate because the Galaxy A51 users were also complaining the same issue,I mean why can't the customers enjoy a little,is it because we've bought a mid-range device and cannot benefit from a basic utility ?...

0 Likes
Maikel7
Apprentice
Options

I've found a halve solution.

It works perfectly fine when it's charging.

But once you disconnect your charger forget the landscape mode.

I play my games now while charging the phone (heard it kills the battery)

0 Likes
Mixzy
First Poster
Options

After i updated it in android 12. The touch issue is back again. In landscape mode

0 Likes
Duke0064
First Poster
Options

Hi Mixzy

I did also update to android 12,but before the update I realised it could also partly be to sticky-like fingertips (like when you try to moisture around your fingertips prevents smooth gliding across the touchscreen) so to remedy that I applied a lil bit of power to at the edges of ma thumb to make them more easy across the screen

And for my update I factory reset my phone before I did the update and boy the phone feels fast and stable,even pubg new state play really good using the Game plugins...letme know if anyone wants the settings that makes my game play plays well using the game plugins.

0 Likes