Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A71 front camera zoomed in on third party apps?

(Topic created on: 19-02-2020 11:53 PM)
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options

So basically I recieved my new Samsung A71 today and on all third party apps the front camera is very zoomed in and can barely fit my face in the full frame. In the camera app it is fine, but when I use apps such as Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Omegle the front facing camera is zoomed in. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any fixes for it?

68 REPLIES 68
twistybuster
Apprentice
Options

I hope they do, its starting to get a lil annoying now 

koraywantsagift
First Poster
Options

Please help us samsung 

A lot of people have this problem 

Could you fix this in bear future, please?

Christy16
First Poster
Options

I have been having the exact same problem

I have contacted Samsung support, and they have told me that it is an "update problem", in the sense that the third party apps need to create an update that will fix this bug that happens with the A71 phones in particular. 

Apparently it has nothing to do with the phone system. 

They have encouraged me to contact each application to ask for the bug fix, or the update.

They also told me that it is a very common complaint and that they have already tried contacting the developpers of the apps for an update.

I am not sure if it is going to be fixed anytime soon, but I feel like if we are all having this problem we need to step up and ask for a solution because the zoomed in selfie camera on third party applications is very annoying and takes away a lot from the positive experience of owning a Samusung. 

Aamna
Student
Options

Hello , I just got my samsung galaxy mobile A71 three days ago and I am also facing the exact same problem. The front camera is zoomed in for all other apps like snapchat, Instagram etc. Except the camera app of the mobile. If you have found a method to fix it please inform me also 

0 Likes
Tiffannie
First Poster
Options

Hi. I've just bought Galaxy S20 and have the same problem. 

Just talked to the samsung support and they also said its not a problem at their side but the apps. 

So they told me to contact SnapChat and Instagram and ask for an update. 

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah even my s10e and A70 had the same issues , not sure if it's something to do with 3rd party access to Samsung camera api or drivers or what but it mainly seems social media stuff is affected as some 3rd party camera apps already support the wider from view

0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

I've done all the alleged fixes and none of them work. It sucks. Get used to it. Samsung can care less.

0 Likes
Aamna
Student
Options

Aw man, I was very excited to get a new phone and stuff and I used to use snapchat and other app cameras very often, now I feel very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Michelle71
Pioneer
Options

Be prepared to stay disappointed. I have an A50 and it sucks to use Snapchat.

Tilly2
Apprentice
Options

I got the a71 today and I want to return it I can't use the camera on any apps cos the quality and zoom is so bad, apparently it's an issue on some iPhone xs as well and its been an issue for over a year yet I never saw any reviews saying it was very disappointed