Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A40 no sim card inserted

(Topic created on: 21-12-2022 08:48 AM)
Sammyjo84
First Poster
Options

I just got my samsung A40 in March and about 2 months ago an error message popped up saying no sim card inserted.This has been going on for months. I have phoned my phone provider and they have done at least four diagnostics,gave me a new sim card,I have done a two way sim test on another phone.I have also factory reset my phone and had it sent away to be repaired to which it came back saying it was fixed,then less than 9 hours after getting it back the message pops up again.Any help would be appreciated this has to be the worst phone I have ever gotten.

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I wondering if the contacts in the sim tray slot are in sone way nkt reading the sim card chip.

Unfortunately you may have to submit it for another look at by Samsung.

I assune there are no Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centres you can pop into in your country  ?

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
annoyingerror29
Student
Options

Did you ever resolve this problem as I have spent 3 hours on the phone to my network provide and Samsung today which resulted in a factory reset BUT still the messages continue about No Sim card and Sim card problem.

0 Likes
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

This is a design defect. Samsung has acknowledged it, and tried to fix it from software, unsuccessfully (see changelog of recent updates). Of course it is not too surprising, considering that it is a hardware fault most likely.

Some had success by getting a new sim tray or by changing the SD card. Speaking for myself, when I removed the SD card, it stopped spamming the message. And 6 months ago when I dropped it accidentally so hard that its screen shattered, it stopped sending that message altogether, even when I use an SD card. (It is still my daily phone to this day, even with the broken screen.) I guess the physical impact fixed it.

annoyingerror29
Student
Options

Thanks very much for your helpful reply but I'm so annoyed that neither of the Samsung folk yesterday admitted to this before convincing me to do a factory re-set during which I lsot some stuff. And BT said they'd never heard of the messages either ....I have been very tempted to throw it on the floor but it seems a bit drastic!

0 Likes
spangle
First Poster
Options
I have had the same problem recently. I have tried everything suggested. It has even cut me off mid call which was very frustrating and I now don't feel I can trust the phone. It is very sparodic. Some days it happens once or twice and other days it is every few minutes. Can't wait to get a new phone when my contract ends and I don't think it will be Samsung! If anyone comes up with a solution it would be great to know.
0 Likes
Ananse
First Poster
Options

I originally bought this phone to help with developing a new mobile App - It's sept 2022 - None of the updates have worked,  I've not used my phone at all for over a year (except for Youtube - with wifi occasionally-when it decideds to work) because of this issue.
None of the suggested fixes seem to work - I've decided to go back to using Iphone - Samsung what a complete waste of money.

0 Likes
Nix2001
First Poster
Options

I had been using this phone for around 18 months before I started receiving these messages a few months ago.  

I read somewhere it could be because the phone gets warm making the SIM and SD card tray flex and disconnecting the SIM, but I don't think this is the issue as it occurs at random times, even if I have not used my phone for some time, e.g. overnight, and did not happen for the first 18 months or so.   

I also have never used it with an SD card, so it cannot be this either. 

Therefore, it seems to be a software issue, specific to this model,  so why can't it be fixed?

It is really annoying, and being cynical, it's probably one way of getting you to upgrade your phone. 

I have always had Samsung phones as I thought the brand was great - camera, functionality, robustness, reliability, etc., but now as a result of this debilitating issue - which also seems to drop calls mid-conversation or means the phone doesn't ring -  I have had enough and my replacement phone is unlikely to be a Samsung. 

0 Likes