Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung A32 5G repeat notifications

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 01:34 PM)
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

Hello. I wonder if anyone could help please. My elderly mother just got a new A32 5G phone. She is having a problem with some kind of alarm/notification going off intermittently which she says she is unable to stop.

I am in the UK and she is in Australia so it is quite tricky for me to help 🙂 But I need to try and resolve it as she also uses her phone as a medical device (blood glucose monitor for diabetes). If I am unable to stop it, she might be tempted to turn her phone off at night which would mean she would miss important medical alerts.

My first thought is that it could be the repeat notifications in Settings-->Accessibility-->Advanced Settings-->Notification reminders. I tried to get her to look there but she is not very tech savvy and she said she couldn't find it. Can anyone with an A32 5G please tell me if these settings exist in the A32 5G and/or send me a screenshot? 

Does anyone else have any ideas on what it could be if not this? 

Thank you (in hope!!)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try to use a remote-access service like AirDroid, so that you may control your mother's phone, in order to investigate the issue and hopefully, fix this problem 🙂. Hope this helps! 😁

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

P.S. A neighbour tried to help her and restarted the phone but this did not help

0 Likes
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try to use a remote-access service like AirDroid, so that you may control your mother's phone, in order to investigate the issue and hopefully, fix this problem 🙂. Hope this helps! 😁
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

I love this idea. I will look into it. Thank you! 😁

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No worries 😁. If my tip was helpful, could you please click the three dots on my comment and select 'accept solution'? Thanks! 🙂
0 Likes
corinne_by_sea
Journeyman
Options

In case I am not able to get my mother to install a remote access app easily, I would still like to know if anyone knows if the A32 5G does have the notification reminders setting. Thanks

0 Likes
jrp1223a
First Poster
Options

yes. it does.last line.last line.

0 Likes
jrp1223a
First Poster
Options

I have not used it but it appears that it will repeat the recent ones every 15 minutes.....
I was looking for a onetime immediate repeat......

0 Likes