Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling back last update?

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 02:02 PM)
kharrisma
Student
Options

Hi Forum Folke,

I have an A02S running Android 11.  It updated its software not long ago, and now I have a bug where the phone keeps firing up whatever music playing app I have installed and playing a random audio file (music or ringtone) at random intervals.  Kind of annoying to have your phone blast you out of a sound sleep at 2:57 in the morning! 

I've found all kinds of suggestions for what to do about it (apparently it's not an uncommon issue), but in almost all cases, the suggestions don't match what's available in my phone's menu, so I can't follow them.  What I DO know is that this problem didn't happen until after the upgrade. I would like to 'roll back' to the software version that was in the phone when it arrived; can you verify that a hard reset will restore the phone to it's original "as recieved" version? 

If not, is there some other way to undo an upgrade?  If it makes any difference, this is a TracFone, not one from one of the 'big-box' carriers. 

It does not seem to have Samsung Music installed, nor any other music app that I can find, other than the ones I've installed and tried.  I'm partial to "Pi" music player, but I've tried three others as well, and they all have the same problem, which is why I think it's a phone issue, and the fact that it started happening on the heels of an update pretty much cements that theory.  Removing all music apps resolves the problem.  Any input would be very much appreciated!  I like playing music from my phone to a Bose bluetooth speaker, but it's not worth this kind of aggravation.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@kharrisma, Officially you can't roll back to previous firmware. Factory reset won't restore original firmware. You should wait for the next update or try to factory reset. Maybe it would help.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@kharrisma, Officially you can't roll back to previous firmware. Factory reset won't restore original firmware. You should wait for the next update or try to factory reset. Maybe it would help.

0 Likes
kharrisma
Student
Options

I appreciate your reply, kamil... just confirms what I suspected but couldn't be certain of.

Guess Android/Samsung took a page from Microsoft's book; bugs introduced in "upgrades" just have to be lived with until such time as they get around to fixing them.  Nice job, Android!  If you're going to take something that works and start messing with it, how about you make sure it still works when you're done?  If you don't want to thoroughly test your "upgrades" before you release them into the wild you might *at least* provide a means for users to roll back to a version that WORKED.

cerysann
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
cerysann
Journeyman
Options
Can anybody please help, I am currently using the above model and because I didn't know what a custom version was, I have messed up all my settings. Including my home and lock screen and since this was the last update I'm not sure what I should reset
0 Likes
obehiiiiii
First Poster
Options
Please I need help. My Samsung Galaxy promoted me for update yesterday which I did. Now I am unable to see incoming calls when it rings. Please help
0 Likes
sinanisler
Student
Options

WHO MARKED THIS SOLVED !

THERE IS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE CANT MAKE OR GET CALLS PROPERLY BECAUSE OF LAST UPDATES...... ! IF NOT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS...

AND BROKEN PHONE IS THE FLAGSHIP PHONE S20 !

WHERE IS SAMSUNG !

samgebhardt
First Poster
Options

right.. is anyone else having the problem of not being able to connect to some/most websites or is that a feature roll out of the new update?? I can do a google search but then I can't connect to anything it finds. 

0 Likes
JudyFl
Apprentice
Options

The last update Samsung did messed up my phone I can no longer receive verification texts. They won't come in. I went to AT&T yesterday and spoke to a lady. There that has a Samsung phone and she's having the same problem. She cannot receive verification text . AT&T didn't know how to fix it. Because it is samson's problemyou're sending updates without making sure they work.

0 Likes
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@JudyFl, Report this bug via Samsung Members app and wait for the next update.

0 Likes